Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Annular cutter

"SteveB" wrote in message
I was just at Northern Tools, and I saw an annular cutter. Looks like a
hole saw on steroids to me. Being an old oilfield hand, annulus means the
space around the drill pipe. So, this would mean that this cuts out a
plug. Is this just a hefty hole saw, or does it have other uses?

Steve

I have used them for structural steel in a mag drill, and they work great in
a mill for
cutting holes, especially in thin material. Did several hundred .625 holes
through
one side of some 1x1 .065 wall square steel tubing with one.

Google Jancy or Hougen for more annular cutter info than you can use.