Default any value or use in a key cutter?

I posted earlier about the Benchmaster Key Cutter, Mocel MH2.

I didn't get many responses, leading me to assume there isn't much value
anymore in such a machine.

Is there any value, or is there a way to convert this machine to another
use?

Cus
Wayne Cook

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:13:38 GMT, t wrote:

I posted earlier about the Benchmaster Key Cutter, Mocel MH2.

I didn't get many responses, leading me to assume there isn't much value
anymore in such a machine.

Is there any value, or is there a way to convert this machine to another
use?

Well for one thing you've not even stated what kind of key cutter it
is. As in key for locks, internal keyway cutter, etc. The brand and
model number means nothing to me so unless you give more info and or
pics I'm in the dark.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm
Eric R Snow

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:13:38 GMT, t wrote:

I posted earlier about the Benchmaster Key Cutter, Mocel MH2.

I didn't get many responses, leading me to assume there isn't much value
anymore in such a machine.

Is there any value, or is there a way to convert this machine to another
use?

Cus

I have a customer who has a couple key machines he uses. He doesn't
need another but might interested in having a spare. Can you e-mail me
a picture? Or maybe e-mail me your phone number so I can learn more
about it.
Eric

Eric R Snow wrote:
On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:13:38 GMT, t wrote:

I posted earlier about the Benchmaster Key Cutter, Mocel MH2.

I didn't get many responses, leading me to assume there isn't much value
anymore in such a machine.

Is there any value, or is there a way to convert this machine to another
use?

Cus

I have a customer who has a couple key machines he uses. He doesn't
need another but might interested in having a spare. Can you e-mail me
a picture? Or maybe e-mail me your phone number so I can learn more
about it.
Eric

i'm a locksmith, it's not that kind of key cutter, it's a machining
tool, similar to a mill.

Robert Nichols wrote:
:
:I didn't get many responses, leading me to assume there isn't much value
:anymore in such a machine.
:
:Is there any value, or is there a way to convert this machine to another
:use?

You'd probably find more interest over in alt.locksmithing .

i doubt it, as it is not that kind of key cutter. it is similar to a mill.

Wayne Cook

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 10:24:38 GMT, t wrote:

Robert Nichols wrote:
In article ,
t wrote:
:I posted earlier about the Benchmaster Key Cutter, Mocel MH2.
:
:I didn't get many responses, leading me to assume there isn't much value
:anymore in such a machine.
:
:Is there any value, or is there a way to convert this machine to another
:use?

You'd probably find more interest over in alt.locksmithing .

i doubt it, as it is not that kind of key cutter. it is similar to a mill.

As I stated we need a picture to even know what kind of machine you
have. Is it a portable mill for cutting key ways on shafts, or is it a
key seater for cutting internal key ways in bores? Till you give us
more to work on we don't have a clue.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm
Dave Hinz

Robert Nichols wrote:

You'd probably find more interest over in alt.locksmithing .

i doubt it, as it is not that kind of key cutter. it is similar to a mill.

So it's a broaching tool, then?
Rex B

Robert Nichols wrote:

You'd probably find more interest over in alt.locksmithing .

i doubt it, as it is not that kind of key cutter. it is similar to a mill.

So it's a broaching tool, then?

This is like pulling teeth!
Roger Shoaf

"t" wrote in message
om...

i'm a locksmith, it's not that kind of key cutter, it's a machining
tool, similar to a mill.

I am a locksmith also.

I did a goggle search for benchmaster key cutter and also the model # but
could not find any information.

Perhaps a picture or a better description will help.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Does it look like these?
http://www.lathes.co.uk/benchmaster/index.html

jw

Koz

Does it look like these?
http://www.lathes.co.uk/benchmaster/index.html

jw

Now that would be a fun little toy with some value....Maybe I should
have jumped on it for 10 bucks while people still thought it was a
lock-key cutting machine

Koz

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"t" wrote in message
om...

i'm a locksmith, it's not that kind of key cutter, it's a machining
tool, similar to a mill.

I am a locksmith also.

I did a goggle search for benchmaster key cutter and also the model # but
could not find any information.

Perhaps a picture or a better description will help.

Thanks for the reply Roger,

I'll see about a pic, maybe it will help everyone. I did a Google
search as well, didn't come up with much. This is something I am doing
for a widow, so everyone have a little patience with me.

Does it look like these?
http://www.lathes.co.uk/benchmaster/index.html

jw

not quite. seemed to have the motor mounted on top, shaft was
horizontal. i didn't see anything to set the speed, but i didn't take a
close look initially, it was late in the day so i just wrote down the
model and brand. apparently that wasn't enough. it doesn't appear to
have any support like the third one, just a single shaft.

i'll stop by again soon and get pics.

Gene Kearns wrote:
On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 10:13:38 GMT, t wrote:

I posted earlier about the Benchmaster Key Cutter, Mocel MH2.

I didn't get many responses, leading me to assume there isn't much value
anymore in such a machine.

Is there any value, or is there a way to convert this machine to another
use?

Cus

However difficult, it is going to be necessary for you to post a
picture or much better description of this machine.

From what little I gather, it might be a special purpose machine to
cut keyways, a special purpose milling machine.... and is not, thus,
either a broach or a keyseater.

If it is capable of milling, table size, collet type, etc. will be
necessary.

Thus far, you have announced that you have a really weird whatzit,
"anybody wanna buy it?" No wonder that you don't have a line of
purchasers dying to stuff money in your hands.....

well, it is not necessarily being offered for purchase just yet. i am
trying to see if it has value, and if so how much i can get for the
widow. true, it does appear to be a weird whatzit.

pic following eventually.
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 00:04:18 GMT, t wrote:

well, it is not necessarily being offered for purchase just yet. i am
trying to see if it has value, and if so how much i can get for the
widow. true, it does appear to be a weird whatzit.

Fair enough.

pic following eventually.

Please don't post it here, this isn't a binaries group. If you don't
have a webserver, email it to me and I'll post a link for you.

Dave Hinz

Shaper Cutter Orientation Pete Woodworking 14 September 12th 05 03:19 AM
Review of Grizzlys 20" G1033ZX, 5hp Spiral head cutter Schroeder Woodworking 2 August 13th 05 09:30 PM
Thread Boxes Trevor Woodworking 4 July 20th 05 06:13 AM
Grizzly Moulding Head Cutter, Mini-review Mark & Juanita Woodworking 1 February 20th 05 09:33 AM
Cutting floor tiles: Electric or Hand Operated cutter? Serial Bodger UK diy 12 August 17th 03 02:36 PM