DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Annular cutter (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/272414-re-annular-cutter.html)

Joe AutoDrill[_2_] March 2nd 09 01:49 PM

Annular cutter

"SteveB" wrote in message
I was just at Northern Tools, and I saw an annular cutter. Looks like a
hole saw on steroids to me. Being an old oilfield hand, annulus means the
space around the drill pipe. So, this would mean that this cuts out a
plug. Is this just a hefty hole saw, or does it have other uses?

We actually sell an Automatic Drill set-up for use with the annular cutters.
Automatic plug ejection and coolant and all. Works quite well even with
multiple spindle heads.

Start he http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dxNeKD-f50

....and check out some of the related links by us.

We mostly use Hougen, but Jancy is a big, reliable name too.

With annular cutters, you can drill a deep, large hole (perspective is
everything) with much less HP. The cutters are expensive, but the HP needed
for a standard twist drill is more expensive. :)

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244