Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Greenlee hole punch 2" - anyone got one?

Hi all -

Does anyone have a 2" diameter round Greenlee manual style punch they want to sell (or loan out for a day or two)?

I have to replace an hour meter in a panel and the existing hole is a rectangular viewing slot for the numerals on the defective meter. I'm going to replace the hour meter with a 2" diameter LCD one, so I need to enlarge the rectangular hole to a 2" round.

I can't easily pull the panel to the shop to work on it. I'm reluctant to try a hole saw because it may leave a rasty hole in the panel.

$104 for a punch from McMaster-Carr is a bit rich for one awkwardly placed hole in a lifetime

Anyone have one they'd like to loan out for a day or two - or one to sell at a good price?

The email 'reply to' is spam trapped... remove ".xspamx" to contact me directly, or reply to the group.

Thanks in advance,

Carla

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I don't have a hole punch that big, but, if the metal isn't too thick,
and if you have a little maneuvering room, how about getting a manual
nibbler? The one I use looks like a pair of pliers with the cutter at
one end of one leg. There are models, like mine,that you hold
vertically with the cutter at the joint end. You can also find a style
the you hold horizontally, that have the "nibbler" in the same place as
the bit jaws on a pair of pliers, but you'd need a lot of room for the
handles with that king.

Although there are many styles, here's the one that I have used for years.

http://getyourwebsitehere.com/scratc...s_nibbler.html

There are other manual designs, too. Just Google "sheet metal nibbler".

Pete Stanaitis