Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Nice Little Hi-Lo Accident

Nice move bowels. Watch the driver bail out and RUN LIKE HELL!!

http://www.ihasaids.com/upload/data/1234908717.gif

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 02:59:59 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 01:03:29 -0500, wrote:

Nice move bowels. Watch the driver bail out and RUN LIKE HELL!!

http://www.ihasaids.com/upload/data/1234908717.gif

Dave

Ouch!!!!

D'ya think that shelving system was just slightly overloaded, or not
built to OSHA standards, or both? (I'll bet both.)

I hope that driver isn't able to get another job driving a forklift in
the future.

---
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate.
--Chuang-tzu (369 BC - 286 BC)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 02:59:59 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 01:03:29 -0500, wrote:

Nice move bowels. Watch the driver bail out and RUN LIKE HELL!!

http://www.ihasaids.com/upload/data/1234908717.gif

Dave

Ouch!!!!

D'ya think that shelving system was just slightly overloaded, or not
built to OSHA standards, or both? (I'll bet both.)

Looks like standard pallet racking.
Probably overloaded high, and no locks installed.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If the uprights had been bolted to the floor, this likely would not have
happened, or been confined to a single section....

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RB wrote:

Probably overloaded high, and no locks installed.

Explain locks. We Have 3 or 4 foot baskets with 2000# of castings in these kind of racks.

That .gif scared the chit out of me.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Feb 24, 1:03 am, wrote:
Nice move bowels. Watch the driver bail out and RUN LIKE HELL!!

http://www.ihasaids.com/upload/data/1234908717.gif

Dave

OSHA, cleanup, aisle 5.

I can't believe how fragile the shelving was. Perhaps it was
overloaded?

I also can't believe how fast he got out of there.

Dave

Ya don't think that stuff falling from six levels up, even higher than the
camera could cover may indicate overloading, do ya?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mark Rand" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 07:45:11 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

D'ya think that shelving system was just slightly overloaded, or not
built to OSHA standards, or both? (I'll bet both.)

I hope that driver isn't able to get another job driving a forklift in
the future.

---

I'd say that a FLT driver that has never even slightly nerfed something
has
probably not been driving a one for that long. Notwithstanding that, it
looks
like he was lucky, note how he falls over after bailing out.

Mark Rand
RTFM

I drove for years in the Las Vegas conventions. Yeah, if you drive for
long, you will screw something up. The worst thing, however, are hazards
others cause you, and inattentive people that you may inadvertently hurt.
The best times to really get stuff moving are periods of time when there are
not a lot of people around. Some people are absolutely ignorant around
equipment that can really hurt them.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

D'ya think that shelving system was just slightly overloaded, or not
built to OSHA standards, or both? (I'll bet both.)

I hope that driver isn't able to get another job driving a forklift in
the future.

It doesn't look like the driver's fault. A slight contact can happen
sometimes. But the weak shelf system took deliberation and ongoing lack of
attention on the part of a superior.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 24, 7:06*pm, Wes wrote:
RB wrote:
Probably overloaded high, and no locks installed.

Explain locks. *We Have 3 or 4 foot baskets with 2000# of castings in these kind of racks.

That .gif scared the chit out of me.

Wes

Essentially, any shelf or joint that can come apart if lifted,
unweighted, etc. is 'unlocked'.
For example, if you have a shelf on a rack, and that shelf comes off
just by lifting, "that can be bad".

'Locking' keeps the joint from coming apart no matter which way the
joint is loaded.

It looks like the far rack the forklift hits collapses, which actually
raises the racks near the camera. Since these racks contain joints
which can simply come apart when the rack is lifted off the ground
from the top, when the weight comes back down on the legs some joint
has come apart which was evidently critical to keeping the rack
together.

Dave
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 24, 8:10*pm, "SteveB" wrote:
wrote in message

On Feb 24, 1:03 am, wrote:

Nice move bowels. Watch the driver bail out and RUN LIKE HELL!!

http://www.ihasaids.com/upload/data/1234908717.gif

Dave

OSHA, cleanup, aisle 5.

I can't believe how fragile the shelving was. Perhaps it was
overloaded?

I also can't believe how fast he got out of there.

Dave

Ya don't think that stuff falling from six levels up, even higher than the
camera could cover may indicate overloading, do ya?

Steve

Understatement is a dish best served in an understated fashion...

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-02-24, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
D'ya think that shelving system was just slightly overloaded, or not
built to OSHA standards, or both? (I'll bet both.)

I would.

I hope that driver isn't able to get another job driving a forklift in
the future.

I think that that guy should go into banking.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/