Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Al Go Oops, I make boo boo

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
On Feb 20, 10:07 pm, "Libby Loo" wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=aIe9swvOqwIY

Arctic Sea Ice Underestimated for Weeks Due to Faulty Sensor

By Alex Morales

Feb. 20 (Bloomberg) -- A glitch in satellite sensors caused scientists to
underestimate the extent of Arctic sea ice by 500,000 square kilometers
(193,000 square miles), a California- size area, the U.S. National Snow
and
Ice Data Center said.

The error, due to a problem called "sensor drift," began in early January
and caused a slowly growing underestimation of sea ice extent until
mid-February. That's when "puzzled readers" alerted the NSIDC about data
showing ice-covered areas as stretches of open ocean, the Boulder,
Colorado-based group said on its Web site.

"Sensor drift, although infrequent, does occasionally occur and it is one
of
the things that we account for during quality- control measures prior to
archiving the data," the center said. "Although we believe that data
prior
to early January are reliable, we will conduct a full quality check.''

The extent of Arctic sea ice is seen as a key measure of how rising
temperatures are affecting the Earth. The cap retreated in 2007 to its
lowest extent ever and last year posted its second- lowest annual minimum
at
the end of the yearly melt season. The recent error doesn't change
findings
that Arctic ice is retreating, the NSIDC said.

The center said real-time data on sea ice is always less reliable than
archived numbers because full checks haven't yet been carried out.
Historical data is checked across other sources, it said.

The NSIDC uses Department of Defense satellites to obtain its Arctic sea
ice
data rather than more accurate National Aeronautics and Space
Administration
equipment. That's because the defense satellites have a longer period of
historical data, enabling scientists to draw conclusions about long-term
ice
melt, the center said.

"There is a balance between being as accurate as possible at any given
moment and being as consistent as possible through long time-periods,"
NSIDC
said. "Our main scientific focus is on the long-term changes in Arctic
sea
ice."

LOL....Libby do you realize WHY this happened?

It is because your hero Bush underfunded the scientists and equipment
used for this effort.

The boo boo is Bush's not Gore's.

And the Boo Boo Prize of the day goes to.....*drum roll* ....Libby
Loo!

Hey Libby...ever stop and consider that Bush was given a surplus by
Clinton. If Gore had been able to continue the United States would
have the problem of what to do with all the trillions of dollars
surplus Gore would have left to Obama.

He could use it for carbon credits.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Hey Libby...ever stop and consider that Bush was given a surplus by
Clinton. If Gore had been able to continue the United States would
have the problem of what to do with all the trillions of dollars
surplus Gore would have left to Obama.

What surplus was that?

We already have more than enough smoke and mirrors.

Gunner

They don't even bother TRYING to obscure things with smoke and mirrors
anymore! They figure that the public has been dumbed-down enough and the
media is under control...any, THEY WON!!! So, just bend over.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Hey Libby...ever stop and consider that Bush was given a surplus by
Clinton. If Gore had been able to continue the United States would
have the problem of what to do with all the trillions of dollars
surplus Gore would have left to Obama.

What surplus was that?

We already have more than enough smoke and mirrors.

Gunner

Do you remember when Clinton took $200M from Social security and later gave
back $100M. Then went on the news and proclaimed He gave Social Security a
$100M bail out, while He made off with a $100M of their/our money.

At least Clinton was honest in the beginning, When he was asked what He
did to fix the economy by a TV reporter. His answer was "I didn't do
anything to help the economy. I just happen to come into office when the
economy was going up."

Richard W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 21, 11:41*am, Gunner Asch wrote:
Hey Libby...ever stop and consider that Bush was given a surplus by
Clinton. If Gore had been able to continue the United States would
have the problem of what to do with all the trillions of dollars
surplus Gore would have left to Obama.

What surplus was that?

We already have more than enough smoke and mirrors.

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

The surplus Bush squandered...and you blindly defend.

Hypocritical winger.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 22, 11:38*am, "Richard W." wrote:
[...]

Please provide a cite for this comment.

I won't hold my breath.

A question...you do know that Clinton is not President now?

Gunner is still stuck in that time warp.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

I don't know where to look, but it was on radio and NBC news when it
happened. That was some time ago and I didn't have the internet back then.

Yes, I know Clinton isn't president now. I did vote for him twice as I have
said in other post in the past. He also showed me it was a huge mistake to
have done that. Remember what he said after raising taxes on everyone. He
said something to the effect "I agree that your taxes are to high, but I had
to raise them. You see if you spend your money wrong you will hurt the
economy, but if you give it to us. We will spend it right to help the
economy. That's why I had to raise your taxes." He said this on TV news
also.

I don't remember who originally said "When you find yourself on the side of
the majority, it's time to stop and take a closer look at the facts. Because
the majority can be wrong and often are." That's what my high school teacher
often said. She said a lot of things that I have found to be true over the
years.

As for Obama I am taking a wait and see stand. I didn't vote for him and
didn't like any of the runner ups. The people I wanted dropped out due to a
lack of funds and who I got to vote for was decided by the east coast. Why
can't all of the states have the primary elections on the same day. That
would give a much better idea of who the country really wanted. Not who the
states that got to vote first wanted.

What worries me is that the media is so controlled that people won't believe
the truth when they hear it, because the truth will sound so absurd to them.

Richard W.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 15:17:54 -0800, "Richard W."
wrote:

[...]

TMT forgets Bush isnt president now.

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Feb 22, 5:17*pm, "Richard W." wrote:
"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

On Feb 22, 11:38 am, "Richard W." wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

Richard W.- Hide quoted text -

I am sorry Richard but the Republican spin machine worked hard to bury
Clinton and because of this I need to see acutal proof...and while he
is no saint Americans did much better under him than under Bush.

If you do come across the quote in a respectable press release, I
would like to read it.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

You are correct about the media being controlled...by both
parties...that anyone should require several separate sources before
believing anything.

TMT

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
[...]

Clinton: "I can spend your money better than you can."
In a post-State of the Union speech in Buffalo, NY on January 20, 1999,
Bill Clinton was asked why not a tax cut if we have a surplus. Clinton's
response:
"We could give it all back to you and hope you spend it right... But ...
if you don't spend it right, here's what's going to happen. In 2013 --
that's just 14 years away -- taxes people pay on their payroll for
Social Security will no longer cover the monthly checks... I want every
parent here to look at the young people here, and ask yourself, 'Do you
really want to run the risk of squandering this surplus?' "
Source: Washington Times, January 21, 1999

"You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a
chance to have their fair say."
President William Clinton addressing the people of Philadelphia, May 28,
1993 in the Courtyard, City Hall, Philadelphia, PA.

"The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people" --
Bill Clinton 1993 on MTV

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary
Americans" -- Bill Clinton in 1993 from USA Today

"I believe you deserve more than 30-second ads or vague promises. That's
why I've offered a comprehensive plan to get our economy moving again.
It starts with a tax cut for the middle class and asks the rich to pay
their fair share again."
Clinton's first campaign ad, January 1992.

"I will not raise taxes on the middle class to pay for these programs.
If the money does not come in there to pay for these programs, we will
cut other government spending or we will slow down the phase-in of these
programs. I am not gonna raise taxes on the middle class to pay for
these programs." October 19, 1992.

"From New Hampshire forward, for reasons that absolutely mystified me,
the press thought the most important issue in the race was the middle
class tax cut. I never did meet any voter who thought that."
January 14, 1993.

"You know what my plan is, to raise taxes on people whose incomes are
above $200,000..."
July 13, 1992.

The new 36 percent Clinton tax rate takes effect on couples earning more
than $140,000 and individuals making more than $115,000.
P.L. 103-66, Clinton's Tax and Spend Plan.

"I intend to have a legislative program ready on the desk of Congress on
the day after I'm inaugurated. I intend to have an explosive 100-day
action period."
June 23, 1992.

"People of the press are expecting [us] to have some 100-day program. We
never ever had one."
Dee Dee Myers, January 12, 1993.

--
Steve W.

Source: Washington Times, January 21, 1999

[...]

Oh oh...TMT is going to go into full buffoon mode now.....facts to
Leftards are like Kyrptonite to Superman.

Source: Washington Times, January 21, 1999

[...]

I already know the spiel that Cliffy OH I mean TMT will be using.
It's just more of that Republican spin. His GOD clinton never said those
words and if he did we the poor unwashed simply didn't understand them
properly.
I came to the conclusion a LONG time ago that TMT is nothing more than a
liberal parrot. Incapable of any individual thinking but toeing his
gods party line. If the obamassiah told him to stand in a pile of ****
because it was actually gold he would jump in there and be totally at home.
I can't wait until the **** that this new bunch in power starts to
impact TMT. I'm betting he will be just like the frog in the pot.
Believing everything is just fine with his gods in power until he boils
himself.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:18:19 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:24:00 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

--normal snip--

Oh oh...TMT is going to go into full buffoon mode now.....facts to
Leftards are like Kyrptonite to Superman.

Then why must you continually correspond with him or his kind?
deep sigh

---
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate.
--Chuang-tzu (369 BC - 286 BC)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

I don't know if it's possible to find an old news real of Clinton saying
that about the economy. I do know I watched it back then. Also the one on
high taxes was on TV. Politicians count on people having a short memory and
it might have worked on me, if it didn't ****ed me off at the time.

Richard W.

Source: Washington Times, January 21, 1999

Steve W.- Hide quoted text -

Still sore about losing I see.

TMT

Source: Washington Times, January 21, 1999

[...]

Steve...sound bites are not credible cites.

Please provide a link to the entire text of the speech.

Not that we don't trust you...but...well we don't.

TMT
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 02:29:29 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:07:18 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:18:19 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:24:00 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

--normal snip--

Oh oh...TMT is going to go into full buffoon mode now.....facts to
Leftards are like Kyrptonite to Superman.

Then why must you continually correspond with him or his kind?
deep sigh

Community service of course. If allowed to run free, they tend to
multply due to the Sheeple effect.

Posting unpruned replies merely repeats their rants and forces their
spew into more minds repeatedly. That's most likely -not- what you're
after, is it, Gunner?

Pruning them out prevents the smarter ones from turning off their brain
cells and joining their mindless buffoonery.

Continually arguing with idiots helps nothing, and while it may be
cathartic to you, it doesn't do what you want it to do. It merely
produces many more posts for the rest of us to ignore while repeating
their crap. I'd wager that it's about as effective as your going
outside into the middle of your street in the middle of the night and
yelling it at the moon. Enjoy!

---

Source: Washington Times, January 21, 1999

[...]

Really, GEE WHAT A SURPRISE!!

Oh and perhaps YOU should not presume to speak for others. YOU may not
trust the truth but that doesn't mean that others don't.

How about this YOU PROVE THEM WRONG.
They are ALL from transcripts of speeches or from newspaper articles
with online presence. Not very hard to find.
YOU are the one who claims your hero never said them. Prove it or shut up.

--
Steve W.

Source: Washington Times, January 21, 1999

[...]

No, they're not.

YOU are the one who claims your hero never said them. Prove it or shut up.

Asshole. You say they were said. I can say that Steve W. has been found
guilty of child endangerment but had the record expunged on a technicality.
Now prove me wrong.

--
Ed Huntress

Source: Washington Times, January 21, 1999

[...]

What a surprise, another insulting response. Typical from the liberal
crowd when they are faced with facts.

ALL of those quotes are available at various sources online. Along with
other evidence proving that it was your man saying them.
Speech transcripts are easy to find. Notice that the dates and events
are listed. Not real hard to check those out.

I'll even give you the first one.
Washington Times, January 21, 1999 Article ID: U00183170009

I responded to TMT by showing ACTUAL QUOTES of speeches that Clinton
made, all of which are very easy to find. Not my problem that your god
said them and that you cannot cover them up.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/q...ntonquotes.htm
http://www.trettel.com/ccrc/quotes/quotesClinton.html
http://www.gargaro.com/clintonquotes.html
http://www.politicalquote.net/category/bill-clinton/

As for your statement.

Asshole. You say they were said. I can say that Steve W. has been found
guilty of child endangerment but had the record expunged on a
technicality.
Now prove me wrong.

You do know that could actually be used in court in a civil libel case
against you?

Libel - An untruthful statement about a person, published in writing or
through broadcast media, that injures the person's reputation or
standing in the community. Because libel is a tort (a civil wrong), the
injured person can bring a lawsuit against the person who made the false
statement. Libel is a form of defamation , as is slander (an untruthful
statement that is spoken, but not published in writing or broadcast
through the media).

However since you are not talking about me (I have had NO criminal or
civil judgments against me so no record to expunge them from).

Now if you wanted to post that I think that yourself and TMT are a pair
of liberal shills who have the intellect of 8 year old children and
could NEVER admit that your gods in liberalism have ever been wrong.
Then you would be correct.

The

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:18:19 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:24:00 -0500, "Steve W."
wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
--normal snip--

Oh oh...TMT is going to go into full buffoon mode now.....facts to
Leftards are like Kyrptonite to Superman.

Then why must you continually correspond with him or his kind?
deep sigh

Community service of course. If allowed to run free, they tend to
multply due to the Sheeple effect.

Posting unpruned replies merely repeats their rants and forces their
spew into more minds repeatedly. That's most likely -not- what you're
after, is it, Gunner?

No. But I do enjoy a target rich environment. Like playing Doom in God
Mode.

Pruning them out prevents the smarter ones from turning off their brain
cells and joining their mindless buffoonery.

Continually arguing with idiots helps nothing, and while it may be
cathartic to you, it doesn't do what you want it to do. It merely
produces many more posts for the rest of us to ignore while repeating
their crap. I'd wager that it's about as effective as your going
outside into the middle of your street in the middle of the night and
yelling it at the moon. Enjoy!

It hurts to yell at the moment. Which the dogs have noticed.

When I try..the resulting Wierd Noise makes them cock their heads and
come over and head bump me in compassion.

Gunner

---
Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing.
This is the ultimate.
--Chuang-tzu (369 BC - 286 BC)

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.