Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Removing roll marked material data from aluminum bar stock

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Pardon my obtuseness, but why remove the markings? Either it comes
off as part of the prep before painting, or it gets mechanically
removed in the manufacturing process. Or you're working to hard. Or
there is some other reasons I'm unaware of, (which is obvious, or I
wouldn't be asking.).

There are parts that require only a few machined surfaces and don't get
painted you know...