Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 96 Chevy Truck blower motor

Of course my blower motor goes out during a major ice storm. It is a
96 Chevy truck Silverado. Is this a hard job? I know most behicles it
is pretty easy but I have not had time to read up on what is involved
on this truck.

Thanks for any help!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:
Of course my blower motor goes out during a major ice storm. It is a
96 Chevy truck Silverado. Is this a hard job? I know most behicles it
is pretty easy but I have not had time to read up on what is involved
on this truck.

Thanks for any help!

How hard is hard? It isn't really all that tougher than, say,
rebuilding a Tecumseh carburettor.

Back in the old days you had to pull a fender to get at two of the
bolts... Hope GM changed that ... doesn't make it harder, just more
annoying.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stuart Wheaton" wrote in message
stryped wrote:
Of course my blower motor goes out during a major ice storm. It is a
96 Chevy truck Silverado. Is this a hard job? I know most behicles it
is pretty easy but I have not had time to read up on what is involved
on this truck.

Thanks for any help!

How hard is hard? It isn't really all that tougher than, say, rebuilding
a Tecumseh carburettor.

Back in the old days you had to pull a fender to get at two of the
bolts... Hope GM changed that ... doesn't make it harder, just more
annoying.

Some guys pulled a fender, others made an access hole in the inner fender.
Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 27, 8:10*am, Stuart Wheaton wrote:
stryped wrote:
Of course my blower motor goes out during a major ice storm. It is a
96 Chevy truck Silverado. Is this a hard job? I know most behicles it
is pretty easy but I have not had time to read up on what is involved
on this truck.

Thanks for any help!

How hard is hard? *It isn't really all that tougher than, say,
rebuilding a Tecumseh carburettor.

Back in the old days you had to pull a fender to get at two of the
bolts... Hope GM changed that ... doesn't make it harder, just more
annoying.

I guess that is what I was getting at, is it a simple unbolting of the
case under the dash or do you have to take half the truck apart?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:
Of course my blower motor goes out during a major ice storm. It is a
96 Chevy truck Silverado. Is this a hard job? I know most behicles it
is pretty easy but I have not had time to read up on what is involved
on this truck.

Thanks for any help!

How hard is hard? It isn't really all that tougher than, say, rebuilding
a Tecumseh carburettor.

Back in the old days you had to pull a fender to get at two of the
bolts... Hope GM changed that ... doesn't make it harder, just more
annoying.

Some guys pulled a fender, others made an access hole in the inner fender.

And most people left out those two bolts when they put it back together....

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

stryped wrote:
Of course my blower motor goes out during a major ice storm. It is a
96 Chevy truck Silverado. Is this a hard job? I know most behicles it
is pretty easy but I have not had time to read up on what is involved
on this truck.

Thanks for any help!

How hard is hard? It isn't really all that tougher than, say,
rebuilding a Tecumseh carburettor.

Back in the old days you had to pull a fender to get at two of the
bolts... Hope GM changed that ... doesn't make it harder, just more
annoying.

I guess that is what I was getting at, is it a simple unbolting of the
case under the dash or do you have to take half the truck apart?

It's easy. Open the passenger side door, look just under the dash.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article
,
stryped wrote:

Of course my blower motor goes out during a major ice storm. It is a
96 Chevy truck Silverado. Is this a hard job? I know most behicles it
is pretty easy but I have not had time to read up on what is involved
on this truck.

Thanks for any help!

Be sure it's actually the blower motor thats bad before you yank it
apart.

There should be power going to it with both the ignition, and blower
switches on. Try all the different speed positions if you haven't
already. It just might work on 'high' only, as all the resistors are
then out of the picture.

If not, look at (1) it's fuse, (2) the fan speed resistors and (3) the
blower switch. Always check the simple stuff first.

I think if it were mine and it turned out to be something difficult to
fix like the switch, and if I lived in cold country, I'd probably cobble
up a (fused!) 'hot wire' and live with the fan motor running full bore
till the weather improves.

Good Luck!

Erik

furnace blower motor [email protected] Home Repair 4 June 28th 07 06:12 AM
Uses for 1/4 hp furnace blower motor Dan Jefferson Woodworking 13 October 5th 06 07:20 AM
Blower Motor Failure [email protected] Home Repair 16 March 30th 06 05:46 PM
Blower motor? BE Home Repair 44 July 17th 05 01:53 AM
scrap metal from an Chevy S10 truck? SomeBody Metalworking 0 January 6th 05 02:59 PM