Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "I Hope Obama Fails"

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
Why would someone want America to fail?

Hmm...sounds like a domestic terrorist to me.

TMT

Limbaugh: ‘I Hope Obama Fails’»
“Are conservative talk-show hosts eager to go on the attack, after
years of defending Bush?” asks the Louisville Courier-Journal’s Larry
Muhammad. The answer is clearly yes.

Barack Obama has not yet taken office, and Rush Limbaugh is already
rooting for his failure. On his radio show last Friday, Limbaugh said,
“I disagree fervently with the people on our [Republican] side of the
aisle who have caved and who say, ‘Well, I hope he succeeds.’”

Limbaugh told his listeners that he was asked by “a major American
print publication” to offer a 400-word statement explaining his “hope
for the Obama presidency.” He responded:

So I’m thinking of replying to the guy, “Okay, I’ll send you a
response, but I don’t need 400 words, I need four: I hope he
fails.” (interruption) What are you laughing at? See, here’s the
point. Everybody thinks it’s outrageous to say. Look, even my staff,
“Oh, you can’t do that.” Why not? Why is it any different, what’s new,
what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is
our problem. Liberalism is what’s gotten us dangerously close to the
precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don’t care what the Drive-
By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all
day long: “Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails.” Somebody’s gotta say it.

It hasn’t taken long for Limbaugh to reveal his core hypocrisy. In
July 2006, with conservatives in power, Limbaugh offered one of his
common screeds against the left. “I’m getting so sick and tired of
people rooting for the defeat of the good guys,” he complained.

During the Clinton presidency in the 90s, Limbaugh would begin his
show with a gimmick, purporting to count the days America had been
“held hostage.” In May 2007, Limbaugh recalled:

Back when Clinton was inaugurated in 1993 and we began our America
Held Hostage countdown, the number of days left until Clinton was gone
so we’d all be released from bondage, the joke, do you remember how
mad the liberals got at that? Do you remember how mad the Drive-Bys
got at that? Then they started running stories how I, Rush Limbaugh,
was destroying the respect for the office of the presidency that the
American people had.

A disastrous Bush presidency has come and gone, but some things
haven’t changed a bit.