Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Followup on the compressor

Just a followup on the compressor that I won on ebay and mentioned
here.

Contrary to the description, it seems to be working just fine and
needs minor service, such as new pop safety valve (broke during
transport), new drain cock, and optionally a better gauge (old one
works but is not the nicest looking).

It is also very dirty, due to having been installed at a shop making
ink by the barrel. The ink dust would settle on its top over the
years. So it is very dirty on top, but not so on sides.

Cannot imagine how their lungs look on the inside.

To explain this discrepancy between it described as not working,
and apparently it working, I must mention that the seller told me that
he rented the shop with this compressor in the shop, but not connected
to anything. So he was not sure if it was good or bad. I was not
surprised. Usually, compressors that are bad are found in a
disassembled condition.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/