Junkyard Engineer

Default Bandsaw followup

I've checked out the 14" Rigid, Powermatic, Delta BS but what do you think
of those 2 ? (in Canada)

http://www.general.ca/product/inter/90150an.html
http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid=16335

Junkyard Engineer

Unfortunately, Grizzly is not distributed in Quebec. Furthermore, most of
the reseller in the states use Amazon which have a specific restriction upon
shipping tools and hardware to Canada.

"Bob" a écrit dans le message de news:
9UxFd.4899$4I2.3789@attbi_s01...
Get the Grizzly G0555

"Junkyard Engineer" wrote in message
I've checked out the 14" Rigid, Powermatic, Delta BS but what do you
think
of those 2 ? (in Canada)

http://www.general.ca/product/inter/90150an.html
http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid=16335

Donna

I have had a Jet 14 for a few years and it does everything I want it
to. At $549 for the older model it is a great deal.
If I had my druthers, though, I'd have the Powermatic at $899. It is
very well made and comes with a lot af accessories you would end up
buying for a less expensive machine. It is very well made.
I could especially use the built-in blower to keep the dust away from
the cut so you can see where you are going. This morning I was cuttng
through 5.5" of Butternut with a fine 1/8" blade and I couldn't see my
very curly line. Wearing dust mask, so couldn't blow dust away. Have a
bulb-type thingy (hubby says it is a battery hygrometer) that I use to
blow the dust away, but it is awkward. I could use an after-market
attachment- anybody know of one?

On 13 Jan 2005 11:30:22 -0800, "Donna" wrote:

I have had a Jet 14 for a few years and it does everything I want it
to. At $549 for the older model it is a great deal.
If I had my druthers, though, I'd have the Powermatic at $899. It is
very well made and comes with a lot af accessories you would end up
buying for a less expensive machine. It is very well made.
I could especially use the built-in blower to keep the dust away from
the cut so you can see where you are going. This morning I was cuttng
through 5.5" of Butternut with a fine 1/8" blade and I couldn't see my
very curly line. Wearing dust mask, so couldn't blow dust away. Have a
bulb-type thingy (hubby says it is a battery hygrometer) that I use to
blow the dust away, but it is awkward. I could use an after-market
attachment- anybody know of one?

better to suckup the dust with a collector or shopvac. rig a holder to
keep the nozzle in place....

Mike

I have the KingIndustrial 14" and I am happy with it,
The tension lever is terrible though....
sometimes I would like a 17" mostly for the fun of it...

The Canwood you are showing comes with a lot of stuff for a mere
$600....that is pretty good I think....
--

\\Mike

----------------
"Junkyard Engineer" a écrit dans le message de news:
I've checked out the 14" Rigid, Powermatic, Delta BS but what do you think
of those 2 ? (in Canada)

http://www.general.ca/product/inter/90150an.html
http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid=16335

Rebel

Mike wrote:
I have the KingIndustrial 14" and I am happy with it,
The tension lever is terrible though....
sometimes I would like a 17" mostly for the fun of it...

The Canwood you are showing comes with a lot of stuff for a mere
$600....that is pretty good I think....

If your into resawing forget about the Canwood - not enough cutting
height and blade width is too small. Check out BusyBeeTools.com they
are next door in ON.
B a r r y

Junkyard Engineer wrote:
I've checked out the 14" Rigid, Powermatic, Delta BS but what do you think
of those 2 ? (in Canada)

http://www.general.ca/product/inter/90150an.html
http://www.houseoftools.com/product.htm?pid=16335

The Canwood is very similar to a machine sold in the US as a "Rikon".
The Rikon seemed light and cheaply made to me in person. Maybe the
Canwood is better, but they sure look the same.

I'm very happy with my Delta X5, once Delta got the parts missing from
the box to me. G Mine is used for rough ripping, resawing, curves,
small cutoffs, and anything that's too dangerous on the table saw. The
only after market part on mine are Cool Blocks. My various fences are
90 degree jointed wood parts clamped in place, fine tuned with mallet
taps. I'm not crazy about the fence rails sticking out, or futzing with
store bought fences.

I've had terrific results with BC Saw and Olsen blades. Ballewtools.com
sells Olsen at rock bottom prices. I usually leave a 1/2" 3 TPI blade
on the saw and keep 1/4" 6 tpi and 1/8" 9 TPI blades handy. 90% of my
cuts are fine with the 1/2" blade.

Barry
Junkyard Engineer

Oh yes, I forgot about busy bee. Although after looking at it, table is only
14x14 compared to 15"3/4x21"1/2 for the canwood (yes Barry, it looks very
similar to Rikon!). I suppose a bigger surface area helps in stability when
cutting bigger pieces although it should be quite easy to screw extensions
on the others. And prices are low till march... hummmm