Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recommendations for outfits that will cut and weld blades from mystock?

Subject says it all. Much prefer to deal with someone between SF Bay
Area and Reno, NV, but open to other sources.
Yeah, I was going to try silver soldering, and even try to make a blade
welder out of my hand held spot welder.

But reality intervenes, and besides, I have a buddy with a Carolina saw
that takes an odd length. They want $50 each for blades that don't look
or perform all that well.
He would like to buy some quality bulk stock and get blades cut and
welded. I think I could manage a 3/4" blade with my spot welder if I had
time to make the setup, but I'm not so sure it would handle his 1"
blades. Anyway, for now we'd both just like to find someone that knows
what they are doing, ship the bulk stock, and get usable blades back.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Anderson wrote:
Subject says it all. Much prefer to deal with someone between SF Bay
Area and Reno, NV, but open to other sources.

(...)

Call my buddies at Acme Saw Sales and Service.

408-293-1969
475A W. Julian St.
San Jose, CA 95110

Worst they can say is no, They'd be happy to make blades from
their stock.

--Winston
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Anderson wrote:

Subject says it all. Much prefer to deal with someone between SF Bay
Area and Reno, NV, but open to other sources.
Yeah, I was going to try silver soldering, and even try to make a blade
welder out of my hand held spot welder.

Doesn't a lot of forrestry going on in that area but a decent saw sharpening shop should
be able to weld them for you.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
but a decent saw sharpening shop should be able to weld them for you.

Hasn't been any lumber mills in town for years now. This area for over
the past decade has been living large on new home construction and
remodeling, at the expense of most other industries that don't directly
support homebuilding. Which btw, is down 90% from just months ago.
Not sure if we have a decent saw sharpening shop in town either. I
called one some time ago that advertised blade welding. Turns out what
they meant was rebrazing carbide on circular blades. One of these days
I'll just go hunt down a nice DoAll with a welder. For what blade
welders sell for, I might as well find one with a decent saw attached to it!

Sacramento is probably the closest I'll find anyone that can do a good
job. But given the deals on coil stock that can be had on ebay, shipping
isn't really that big a deal.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:56:21 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

I'll just go hunt down a nice DoAll with a welder. For what blade
welders sell for, I might as well find one with a decent saw attached to it!

Gunner raises his hand.......need a DoAll with a welder on it???

Whatcha got to trade?

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary
that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even
alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every
quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
Gunner raises his hand.......need a DoAll with a welder on it???

Whatcha got to trade?

You've seen my place, and it's more cramped than when you were here....
Of course there's plenty of room out in the driveway, but I don't enjoy the
sort of machinery friendly weather you do. I also don't need one enough to
really justify it right now. After I get outta this rat hole and into a
larger shop
space, I'll be looking. But thanks for mentioning it!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Anderson" wrote in message
Subject says it all. Much prefer to deal with someone between SF Bay Area
and Reno, NV, but open to other sources.
Yeah, I was going to try silver soldering, and even try to make a blade
welder out of my hand held spot welder.

But reality intervenes, and besides, I have a buddy with a Carolina saw
that takes an odd length. They want $50 each for blades that don't look or
perform all that well.
He would like to buy some quality bulk stock and get blades cut and
welded. I think I could manage a 3/4" blade with my spot welder if I had
time to make the setup, but I'm not so sure it would handle his 1" blades.
Anyway, for now we'd both just like to find someone that knows what they
are doing, ship the bulk stock, and get usable blades back.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon

There is Livermore Saw and Mower. Some saws had a blade welder built into
the side of the unit.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Recommendations for outfits that will cut and weld blades frommy stock? - These guys will

Winston wrote:
Call my buddies at Acme Saw Sales and Service.

408-293-1969
475A W. Julian St.
San Jose, CA 95110

Just talked to them, they are more than willing to cut and weld customer
supplied bulk blade stock.

$6.50 each for flexback, $10 each for bimetal.

Thanks Winston, much appreciate the referral!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Anderson wrote:
Winston wrote:
Call my buddies at Acme Saw Sales and Service.

408-293-1969
475A W. Julian St.
San Jose, CA 95110

Just talked to them, they are more than willing to cut and weld customer
supplied bulk blade stock.

$6.50 each for flexback, $10 each for bimetal.

Thanks Winston, much appreciate the referral!

You are welcome, Jon.

--Winston

Power Tool Outfits Arthur2 UK diy 0 December 26th 07 10:38 AM
Need recommendations for scroll saw blades mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net Woodworking 3 November 27th 05 04:05 AM
Garden windows - why none by the big outfits? Banty Home Repair 5 July 27th 05 05:28 PM
Table Saw Blades Recommendations Buster Woodworking 9 June 26th 05 04:18 PM