Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default Recommendations for outfits that will cut and weld blades frommy stock?

Wes wrote:
but a decent saw sharpening shop should be able to weld them for you.

Hasn't been any lumber mills in town for years now. This area for over
the past decade has been living large on new home construction and
remodeling, at the expense of most other industries that don't directly
support homebuilding. Which btw, is down 90% from just months ago.
Not sure if we have a decent saw sharpening shop in town either. I
called one some time ago that advertised blade welding. Turns out what
they meant was rebrazing carbide on circular blades. One of these days
I'll just go hunt down a nice DoAll with a welder. For what blade
welders sell for, I might as well find one with a decent saw attached to it!

Sacramento is probably the closest I'll find anyone that can do a good
job. But given the deals on coil stock that can be had on ebay, shipping
isn't really that big a deal.

Jon