Banty

Default Garden windows - why none by the big outfits?

I'm looking into installing two garden windows on the south side of my house
(upstate NY), and I've noticed that the big window makers - Marvin, Andersen,
Pella - don't make them.

Any particualar reason why not?? Are they difficult to manufacture with
quality? Is there any other reason why I should stay away from garden windows?

Banty

Banty wrote:

I'm looking into installing two garden windows on the south side of my house
(upstate NY), and I've noticed that the big window makers - Marvin, Andersen,
Pella - don't make them.

Any particualar reason why not?? Are they difficult to manufacture with
quality? Is there any other reason why I should stay away from garden windows?

Banty

Probably not enough demand.

Lou

Don Wiss

On 25 Jul 2005 17:40:33 -0700, Banty wrote:

I'm looking into installing two garden windows on the south side of my house
(upstate NY), and I've noticed that the big window makers - Marvin, Andersen,
Pella - don't make them.

Out of curiosity what brands are you looking at?

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Banty

In article , Don Wiss says...

On 25 Jul 2005 17:40:33 -0700, Banty wrote:

I'm looking into installing two garden windows on the south side of my house
(upstate NY), and I've noticed that the big window makers - Marvin, Andersen,
Pella - don't make them.

Out of curiosity what brands are you looking at?

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Milgard is one brand I know about..

Banty

Don Wiss

On 26 Jul 2005 17:53:46 -0700, Banty wrote:

In article , Don Wiss says...

On 25 Jul 2005 17:40:33 -0700, Banty wrote:

I'm looking into installing two garden windows on the south side of my house
(upstate NY), and I've noticed that the big window makers - Marvin, Andersen,
Pella - don't make them.

Out of curiosity what brands are you looking at?

Milgard is one brand I know about..

This is one I've found:
http://www.renaissance-online.com/in...ain_garden.htm

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Dan Espen

Don Wiss writes:

On 26 Jul 2005 17:53:46 -0700, Banty wrote:

In article , Don Wiss says...

On 25 Jul 2005 17:40:33 -0700, Banty wrote:

I'm looking into installing two garden windows on the south side of my house
(upstate NY), and I've noticed that the big window makers - Marvin, Andersen,
Pella - don't make them.

Out of curiosity what brands are you looking at?

Milgard is one brand I know about..

This is one I've found:
http://www.renaissance-online.com/in...ain_garden.htm

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

I had a contractor install one of these:

http://www.silverlinewindow.com/phot...garden&order=1

he bought it at HD.

I became very familiar with SilverLine because after 2 years,
2 of the panes of glass cracked. No one knows why, nothing
hit the window.

The glass has a lifetime guarantee. Silverline will replace
the panes for a fee, I did it myself. It wasn't easy, but
most homeowners could probably do it. I love the window
and since I partially disassembled it, I'd say it's designed
and built pretty well. It's been 2 years since the repair,
no problems since.

I don't know why the big manufacturers don't sell them.