Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Manufacturing our own spectacles?

Derek wrote:
The price of lenses seems to have sky-rocketed
in recent years ...

I like making my own stuff, but there's a limit G. I just checked
Zenni & their starting price is now $8!!!
http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob Engelhardt wrote:
Derek wrote:
The price of lenses seems to have sky-rocketed
in recent years ...

I like making my own stuff, but there's a limit G. I just checked
Zenni & their starting price is now $8!!!
http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

Bob

Just received my second package in 3 years, of Zenni eyeglasses.
Titanium wireframe for reading and PC, heavier duty pairs with
x2 and x3 bottom bifocal for working with small parts etc.,
and a pair for my skeptical wife, who is overjoyed. Total price?
About 100.00. Prescriptions seem perfect. Lenses coated.
Try it for yourself... /mark in Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 09:55:57 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Derek wrote:
The price of lenses seems to have sky-rocketed
in recent years ...

I like making my own stuff, but there's a limit G. I just checked
Zenni & their starting price is now $8!!!
http://zennioptical.com/cart/home.php

I had a bit of bad luck with a pair of their "3182 Memory Titanium Full-Rim
Frame" recently. Got tangled in my hair taking them off and they broke in half.

However at under $40 including shipping verses $190 for the last pair I bought
through an optician. (Chain store no less and add $50 for the exam to both
prices) I think I will take my chances with another from them. Just not
3182's...

Oh, not that you can buy a single pair from these folks, this thread made me
think of this article I found a few days ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...es-josh-silver

Quite an interesting concept!
--
William

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...table-glasses-...

Quite an interesting concept!
--
William

Speaking for those of us with less hair we're not very sympathetic.
I think this says it all. At 1minute 20sec.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dyl0j3WU6Y
Karl