Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default To both my Democratic and Republican friends

Subject: FW: GREETINGS

To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best
wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress,
non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday,
practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion
of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the
religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice
not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a
fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated
recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2009, but
not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose
contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that
America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America
in the Western Hemisphere . Also, this wish is made without regard to the
race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual
preference of the wishee.

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul" wrote:

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Back at you. May it be a merry time with family and friends as you give thanks for the
bounty laid upon you.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul" wrote in message

[...]

So what are you implying? That your republican friends are simpletons, that
they have no ability to understand anything but simple, basic concepts and
are mindless followers of ancient religions? And that Democrats are far more
sophisticated, educated, and intellectually capable? Because if you are I
agree with you.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message

[...]

Happy winter solstice holiday.
Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

I'd appreciate the sentiment. But only if it's genuine.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Paul wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message

[...]

maybe they are just more verbose

cheers
T.Alan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"T.Alan Kraus" wrote in message
Paul wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message

[...]

Or maybe because your average Republican has trouble holding together more
thoughts than "merry Christmas" and "happy New Year" at the same time. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Paul wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message

maybe they are just more verbose

cheers
T.Alan

Or maybe because your average Republican has trouble holding together more
thoughts than "merry Christmas" and "happy New Year" at the same time.
d8-)

Moderator DeMuth tried to help the president with praise for his "idealism
and serenity of mind" and with friendly questions. But this did not always
have the intended effect.

"Another book that you famously read was Eliot Cohen's 'Supreme Command,' "
DeMuth said, referring to an academic affiliated with AEI. "Do you think he
got it right in that book?"

"I can't even remember the book," Bush replied. "I remember reading it, but
give me a synopsis."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

JC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

news

Paul wrote:
"Hawke" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message

maybe they are just more verbose

cheers
T.Alan

Or maybe because your average Republican has trouble holding together
more thoughts than "merry Christmas" and "happy New Year" at the same
time. d8-)

Moderator DeMuth tried to help the president with praise for his "idealism
and serenity of mind" and with friendly questions. But this did not always
have the intended effect.

"Another book that you famously read was Eliot Cohen's 'Supreme Command,'
" DeMuth said, referring to an academic affiliated with AEI. "Do you think
he got it right in that book?"

"I can't even remember the book," Bush replied. "I remember reading it,
but give me a synopsis."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...d=opinionsbox1

JC

That's a good one. Here's Gail Collins' vote for Bush quote of the week:

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature because
it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

Well, enjoy it while you can because it's clear that once we get Obama in
office we're not going to have that kind of thing to make fun of anymore.
And it's really going to be different having someone running things that
actually knows what he's doing. Hallaleuya

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

snip

That's a good one. Here's Gail Collins' vote for Bush quote of the week:

"Natural gas is hemispheric. I like to call it hemispheric in nature

because
it is a product that we can find in our neighborhoods."

--
Ed Huntress

Well, enjoy it while you can because it's clear that once we get Obama in
office we're not going to have that kind of thing to make fun of anymore.
And it's really going to be different having someone running things that
actually knows what he's doing. Hallaleuya

I believe in the creativity of the pundits. They'll find a way to make jokes
about Obama, but he probably won't hand the jokes to them on a silver
platter the way Bush has.

The pundits will just have to start working for a living.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

So what are you implying? That your republican friends are simpletons,
that
they have no ability to understand anything but simple, basic concepts and
are mindless followers of ancient religions? And that Democrats are far
more
sophisticated, educated, and intellectually capable? Because if you are I
agree with you.

Hawke

I think he's implying that most Republicans can understand it but it has to
be explained in great detail for the Democrats. It's funny that you think
that the ones that need to have every detail explained are more
sophisticated and educated than those with understanding.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 19:01:22 -0500, Wes wrote:

"Paul" wrote:

To My Republican Friends:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Back at you. May it be a merry time with family and friends as you give thanks for the
bounty laid upon you.

Wes

How much is the bounty?

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Maj. Gen. John Sedgewick, killed by a sniper in 1864 at the battle of Spotsylvania