Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT -- Georgia Acted in Self-Defense -- Some people seem to misunderstand which country was invaded

Mikheil Saakashvili, President of Georgia, makes his case against the
Russians.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122817723737570713.html

The Wall Street Journal, 2 December 2008.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-12-02, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
Mikheil Saakashvili, President of Georgia, makes his case against the
Russians.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122817723737570713.html

The Wall Street Journal, 2 December 2008.

Saakashvili's credibility hovers somewhere between positive ane
negative zero these days.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...578273,00.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/op...20kristof.html

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-12-02, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
Mikheil Saakashvili, President of Georgia, makes his case against the
Russians.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122817723737570713.html

The Wall Street Journal, 2 December 2008.

Saakashvili's credibility hovers somewhere between positive ane
negative zero these days.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...578273,00.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/op...20kristof.html

I keep reading about this, and it's not clear what either side even wants
in the end, if anything.

Other conflicts actually make some sense.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,

On 2008-12-02, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
Mikheil Saakashvili, President of Georgia, makes his case against the
Russians.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122817723737570713.html

The Wall Street Journal, 2 December 2008.

Saakashvili's credibility hovers somewhere between positive ane
negative zero these days.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...578273,00.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/op...20kristof.html

Warring pundits. Saakashvili made some very specific and verifiable
claims. Let's see how it plays out over the next few weeks. Eventually
we will hear what the various western intelligence agencies think of all
this.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-12-03, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,

On 2008-12-02, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
Mikheil Saakashvili, President of Georgia, makes his case against the
Russians.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122817723737570713.html

The Wall Street Journal, 2 December 2008.

Saakashvili's credibility hovers somewhere between positive ane
negative zero these days.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...578273,00.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/op...20kristof.html

Warring pundits. Saakashvili made some very specific and verifiable
claims. Let's see how it plays out over the next few weeks. Eventually
we will hear what the various western intelligence agencies think of all
this.

Saakashvili sponsored McCain's senior election adviser Randy
Scheunemann. He also enjoyed great support from McCain, possibly
coincidentally. Since McCain lost, and Obama is not similarly
influenced by Saakashvili, I hope that there will not be too much
pressure from the government to influence what is reported about that
war, so we indeed should learn a little more about that interesting
bit of history.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,

On 2008-12-03, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus21077 wrote:

On 2008-12-02, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
[...]

Yes. But even if McCain won and your fears of undue influence were
realized, it would have little effect on non-US intelligence agencies.
So I'm not sure that McCain et al would even try. I also think that
McCain would want to know the truth, even if it were not to be published.

Joe Gwinn
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-12-04, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,

On 2008-12-03, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
Ignoramus21077 wrote:

On 2008-12-02, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
[...]

I personally read every piece of news about that war and find that
short story to arouse my curiosity.

Clearly, Saakashvili hopes for a victory within several hours, whereby
he would seal the Roki tunnel and prevent Russians from sending
reinforcements. That did not happen, but was close to happening. His
army was slowed down by a few hundred people.

Also, clearly, Russians knew about Georgian preparations and prepared.

What is not so clear is 1) who encouraged Saakashvili to attack and 2)
did Russia intentionally try to provoke him into war or not.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Condo invaded by wharf borer beetles [email protected] Home Repair 15 June 10th 21 08:59 PM
The Golden Rule - A Man Takes a Stand - "Taliban fighters are guilty of nothing but standing in defense of the innocent victims of 911." - There is no defense for the criminal war act of attacking Iraq. It is only through censorship, t celtex UK diy 0 March 31st 08 11:31 PM
I fear for my country and my people. OKC Computers Home Repair 3 May 7th 07 06:34 AM
BEARS DEN INVADED!! Troy Woodworking 41 October 6th 06 09:47 PM
Help - insects have invaded my monitor! Nige Electronics Repair 0 September 27th 06 01:20 AM