Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rust removers

New Member here! Hello all!
Anyone have a cheap (reasonable) recipe for a chemical rust remover that
can be used in removing medium to heavy rust? I'm always restoring or
reclying something that has rusted. I'm aware of the dangers that can be
involved. We used to do plating, etc. in the shop I worked in. Jenolite or
Naval Jelly is made from what? I was told they contain Phosphoric acid,
but what percentage?
I'm not in a hurry, so even a "greener" solution would be okay! Right now
I have all the parts from a 1923 gain drill. Will take me forever to sand
all those parts. Have 1/2 dozen old handsaws and other old axes etc, that
are really bad. Too give you an idea of what I'm doing. I have a sand
blaster but that suit gets awful hot here in south TX. I've read about the
battery charger and baking soda method, anyone know how large a charger is
needed and does it work or harm the parent metal?
thanks

Delivered via http://www.rittercnc.com/
Metalworking Forums
rec.crafts.metalworking - 130461 messages and counting!

Does Rust Breed Rust? DerbyDad03[_2_] Home Repair 21 October 13th 08 09:58 PM
rust gene Home Repair 2 June 7th 06 11:40 PM
Rust CharterNews Woodworking 22 August 3rd 05 08:50 PM
Rust Removal- Rust covering? Tilt Trailer mechanisms Gunner Metalworking 22 September 14th 04 07:55 PM
OT-Rust Ed Rear UK diy 6 March 2nd 04 09:38 AM