Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Please help identify a tool?

Does anyone know what this tool is called and what's it for? It's the
first two pics on my Photobucket site, just click on the link below.
Castings have DA$ 103, DAG 147CF & DAG 148. I'm guessing that it might
be a jig for drill bit sharpening.
Thank
Hank wd5jfr
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/wd5jfr/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Your guess is correct. It was sold by Rockwell, later by Delta and
instructions for use can be downloaded at the excellent owwm.com.
I have one and it works well.

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message

Does anyone know what this tool is called and what's it for? It's the
first two pics on my Photobucket site, just click on the link below.
Castings have DA$ 103, DAG 147CF & DAG 148. I'm guessing that it might be
a jig for drill bit sharpening.
Thank
Hank wd5jfr
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/wd5jfr/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Henry Kolesnik wrote:

Does anyone know what this tool is called and what's it for?

It is a Delta 1296 drill grinding attachment. Here is the manual,
courtesy of the OWWM site:

http://www.owwm.com/pubs/1141/1503.pdf

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

This fixture/accessory looks similar to one I bought a while ago. It's in a
box somewhere, so I don't have access to it right now.

Your model appears to have more knurled adjusting knobs than the one I have,
and to me, yours appears to be made to attach to a particular machine.

Mine looks more like a type that would mount to a typical bench grinder.

They both look to be about the same overall size.

The manufacturer for mine is Kalamazoo Industries, and the descriptive name
used for it is - drill grinding attachment.

WB
metalworking projects
www.kwagmire.com/metal_proj.html

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message

Does anyone know what this tool is called and what's it for? It's the
first two pics on my Photobucket site, just click on the link below.
Castings have DA$ 103, DAG 147CF & DAG 148. I'm guessing that it might be
a jig for drill bit sharpening.
Thank
Hank wd5jfr
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/wd5jfr/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message

Does anyone know what this tool is called and what's it for? It's the
first two pics on my Photobucket site, just click on the link below.
Castings have DA$ 103, DAG 147CF & DAG 148. I'm guessing that it might be
a jig for drill bit sharpening.
Thank
Hank wd5jfr
http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l237/wd5jfr/

Others have much better idea about your tool but I cannot help but comment
on the rest of your album. It brings back memories!
BTW I think the German piece of equipment is form WW2, 1941 manufacture if I
am correct. It is not one I am familiar with first hand (unlike the EK10s or
EL10s). Does it have the RV series of "acorn" valves? The Germans sure knew
how to build this stuff...

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael
The German WWII Rx/Tx is a missing all the tubes as I recall. I've been
told be others that the German VHF technology was way ahead of ours and
we copied lots of it.
Hank wd5jfr
"Michael Koblic" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey Guys
Thanks for all the help in identifying the drill sharpening jig.
So I posted another query!
Hank wd5jfr
"Wild_Bill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
Michael
The German WWII Rx/Tx is a missing all the tubes as I recall. I've been
told be others that the German VHF technology was way ahead of ours and we
copied lots of it.

The tube sockets were typical and unlike anything I have seen elsewhere.
they formed a complete cage around the whole tube with the pins sticking out
*sideways* but with one connection (anode AFAIK) at the top of the glass.

Those were the good days...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Nov 9, 2:11*am, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
Those were the good days...

I once worked for a German who talked like that.

And hummed the Horst Wessel song.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 23:11:15 -0800, "Michael Koblic"
wrote:

"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
.. .
Michael
The German WWII Rx/Tx is a missing all the tubes as I recall. I've been
told be others that the German VHF technology was way ahead of ours and we
copied lots of it.

The tube sockets were typical and unlike anything I have seen elsewhere.
they formed a complete cage around the whole tube with the pins sticking out
*sideways* but with one connection (anode AFAIK) at the top of the glass.

Acorn tubes?
Those were the good days...

Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
On Nov 9, 2:11 am, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
Those were the good days...

I once worked for a German who talked like that.

And hummed the Horst Wessel song.

***So I take it you will not be running for president in future...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message

Acorn tubes?

http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic838760.html

A fine piece of technology, political affiliations notwithstanding (just
like the VW bug)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael Koblic wrote:
"Gerald Miller" wrote in message

Acorn tubes?

http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic838760.html

A fine piece of technology, political affiliations notwithstanding (just
like the VW bug)

But that is not an Acorn tube. I have one sitting on my mantle.
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Lew Hartswick" wrote in message
m...
Michael Koblic wrote:
"Gerald Miller" wrote in message

Acorn tubes?

http://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic838760.html

A fine piece of technology, political affiliations notwithstanding (just
like the VW bug)

But that is not an Acorn tube. I have one sitting on my mantle.
...lew...

If it looks like an acorn, walks like an acorn...:-). Anyway, I said
"acorn", not Acorn. There are other things it looks like but acorn came to
mind as the most polite.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

http://www.antiquewireless.org/otb/acorntube.htm
When I think of acorn tubes - I think - baseless, pinless, all glass.

I want to say I have a few in the shop or did. Klystrons yes.
Other RF and such naturally.

Martin