Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another newbie lathe question

I've been reading a few things (mainly catalogs) to select some cutting
tools. I'm particularly interested in sets of carbide insert tool
holders.

Does anyone have any links to resources for various standard tool
(insert) dimensions, including rake angles, front clearances, etc. (all
the good buzzwords I've been picking up in preparation for picking up a
lathe).

I've seen references to designators like "CCMT 06" inserts, but I don't
know what the specs on those are, or what particular metals/operations
they would be suited for.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Rube Goldberg is alive and working for Microsoft.

Newbie Lathe/Mill Question Paul Hovnanian P.E. Metalworking 16 October 23rd 08 12:41 AM
newbie to a lathe Ron Metalworking 11 May 20th 05 12:26 AM
newbie lathe motor question Rich Woodturning 8 November 13th 04 01:58 AM
Newbie Lathe Chuck Question Vinny Metalworking 1 March 21st 04 08:33 PM
newbie question: metal lathe - any use for woodworking Paul Jones Woodworking 6 February 12th 04 08:33 PM