Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default EBAY Fraud

I won an auction on Ebay and paid with paypal. The seller shipped the
wrong item. We made several attempts to contact seller, he finally
responded and said ship it back to him. I said please send a call tag
for the item. I lodged a complaint with Paypal. I finally heard back
from paypal, they say the seller provided proof that he shipped the
item. I am bald already and I am ready to pull my hair out. What can
I do now with paypal or ebay. My wife says we cannot file a new
complaint about this item.

Scott in Texas
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I won an auction on Ebay and paid with paypal. The seller shipped the
wrong item. We made several attempts to contact seller, he finally
responded and said ship it back to him. I said please send a call tag
for the item. I lodged a complaint with Paypal. I finally heard back
from paypal, they say the seller provided proof that he shipped the
item. I am bald already and I am ready to pull my hair out. What can
I do now with paypal or ebay. My wife says we cannot file a new
complaint about this item.

Scott in Texas

Lick your wounds and move on. The one good thing about the school of hard
knocks - you seldom forget the lesson.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 16, 9:40*am, wrote:
I won an auction on Ebay and paid with paypal. The seller shipped the
wrong item. We made several attempts to contact seller, he finally
responded and said ship it back to him. I said please send a call tag
for the item. I lodged a complaint with Paypal. I finally heard back
from paypal, they say the seller provided proof that he shipped the
item. I am bald already and I am ready to pull my hair out. *What can
I do now with paypal or ebay. My wife says we cannot file a new
complaint about this item.

Scott in Texas

You can leave the seller BAD feedback.

Lewis.

*****

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

If your PayPal payment was credit card, call the CC co. and void the
payment. If you paid with Instant Check- you're screwed. I always use CC
for this reason.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

wrote:
I won an auction on Ebay and paid with paypal. The seller shipped the
wrong item. We made several attempts to contact seller, he finally
responded and said ship it back to him. I said please send a call tag
for the item. I lodged a complaint with Paypal. I finally heard back
from paypal, they say the seller provided proof that he shipped the
item. I am bald already and I am ready to pull my hair out. What can
I do now with paypal or ebay. My wife says we cannot file a new
complaint about this item.

Scott in Texas

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I won an auction on Ebay and paid with paypal. The seller shipped the
wrong item. We made several attempts to contact seller, he finally
responded and said ship it back to him. I said please send a call tag
for the item. I lodged a complaint with Paypal. I finally heard back
from paypal, they say the seller provided proof that he shipped the
item. I am bald already and I am ready to pull my hair out. What can
I do now with paypal or ebay. My wife says we cannot file a new
complaint about this item.

Scott in Texas

They will tell you they don't get involved with "disputes over
descriptions". I went through this when some scummer sold me what turned out
to be a refurb computer from Ubid as new.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

ATP* wrote:
wrote in message
I won an auction on Ebay and paid with paypal. The seller shipped the
wrong item. We made several attempts to contact seller, he finally
responded and said ship it back to him. I said please send a call tag
for the item. I lodged a complaint with Paypal. I finally heard back
from paypal, they say the seller provided proof that he shipped the
item. I am bald already and I am ready to pull my hair out. What can
I do now with paypal or ebay. My wife says we cannot file a new
complaint about this item.

Scott in Texas

They will tell you they don't get involved with "disputes over
descriptions". I went through this when some scummer sold me what turned out
to be a refurb computer from Ubid as new.

But, Jano apparently has NO item at all, now.
That is a valid dispute.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
ATP* wrote:
wrote in message
I won an auction on Ebay and paid with paypal. The seller shipped the
wrong item. We made several attempts to contact seller, he finally
responded and said ship it back to him. I said please send a call tag
for the item. I lodged a complaint with Paypal. I finally heard back
from paypal, they say the seller provided proof that he shipped the
item. I am bald already and I am ready to pull my hair out. What can
I do now with paypal or ebay. My wife says we cannot file a new
complaint about this item.

Scott in Texas

They will tell you they don't get involved with "disputes over
descriptions". I went through this when some scummer sold me what turned
out to be a refurb computer from Ubid as new.

But, Jano apparently has NO item at all, now. That is a valid dispute.

Jon

That's not what he wrote, although it is unclear whether he shipped the item
back or not. If he did not ship the item back, he has the wrong item, and it
seems like Ebay/Paypal doesn't care.

I also think misrepresenting an item as new should be a valid dispute.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I won an auction on Ebay and paid with paypal. The seller shipped the
wrong item. We made several attempts to contact seller, he finally
responded and said ship it back to him. I said please send a call tag
for the item. I lodged a complaint with Paypal. I finally heard back
from paypal, they say the seller provided proof that he shipped the
item. I am bald already and I am ready to pull my hair out. What can
I do now with paypal or ebay. My wife says we cannot file a new
complaint about this item.

Scott in Texas

If I use paypal I always use a credit card to make the payment, if things go
wrong I dont have to bother with Paypal dispute process, I can just lodge a
chargeback on my credit card.

For the above reason I never accept Paypal when selling something either!!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Thank you all for the advise, I will use a credit card next time. I
ordered a headset and got a microphone for a video game. Paypal will
not help and I believe this is the scam of the day. Sell something and
ship anything, IF paypal investigates the seller shows a shipment to
an address and it is his word against mine.
I am telling this to the group to help anyone else that might get
scammed. Why would anyone investigate something around 20 bucks. The
seller is http://myworld.ebay.com/irvine_international. I won the
auction Sept. 3rd.
If Ebay cannot or will stop scams, then this company will not have
a profitable future. There are good people on Ebay. I am second
guessing everyone now. Here is my feedback http://myworld.ebay.com/klooch.\

Thank you for listening,

Scott in Texas

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Thank you all for the advise, I will use a credit card next time. I
ordered a headset and got a microphone for a video game. Paypal will
not help and I believe this is the scam of the day. Sell something and
ship anything, IF paypal investigates the seller shows a shipment to
an address and it is his word against mine.
I am telling this to the group to help anyone else that might get
scammed. Why would anyone investigate something around 20 bucks. The
seller is
http://myworld.ebay.com/irvine_international. I won the
auction Sept. 3rd.

I bought some used hard drives about two years
ago. They were all kaput, although the seller
"guaranteed" them not DOA. I returned the bad
units, and had to call
several times to verify he had received the
returns. (He wouldn't respond to any messages
through eBay.) He never sent any replacements
after promising to do so.
I filed a dispute through PayPal, and was
eventually refunded full price. I did lose the
return shipping postage.

That's my most recent dispute. I have no idea
whether PayPal has changed their methods since
then. You HAVE to be wary of these mega-merchants
that have 10,000 items sold per month. They CAN'T
be trusted to be 100% accurate with that kind of
volume of one of a kind stuff. I ALWAYS check the
detailed feedback and search for the most recent
few negative feedbacks. Those could just be
"whiners", or recipients of totally wrong items,
worthless scrap, items packaged so poorly they
were bound to be ruined, or other shoddy
practices. You can usually get a strong feeling
one way or the other by reading a couple negative
reports. You may have to scroll through 20 pages
of AOK+++++ feedback to get to the negatives, but
that's where the gold lies.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , Jon Elson wrote:

You can usually get a strong feeling
one way or the other by reading a couple negative
reports. You may have to scroll through 20 pages
of AOK+++++ feedback to get to the negatives, but
that's where the gold lies.

Visit www.toolhaus.org -- you can see only the negs, without having to wade
through everyghing else.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 17, 8:11*am, wrote:
Thank you all for the advise, I will use a credit card next time.

Scott in Texas

I would also not buy anything from someone with a rating of less than
98.5. There are lots of people with high ratings. No point is buying
from someone that does not care about his/her rating.

Dan

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Welcome to unregulated banking...

Think how ****ed you'll be when eBay/PayPal goes tits up and you loose all