Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default FS Case 580B Backhoe

I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe. Runs good, doesn't burn
oil, digs good. Located in Du Quoin, IL, about 90 miles SE of St Louis, MO.
Asking $7000. Comes with parts manuals and operator manuals. Some new
hoses. Shuttle work good but brakes aren't very good. Some cylinders leak
around the rod seal but I get several digs before needing to add fluid, so I
haven't repacked them so far. Not what you'd consider tight but it worked
well for the jobs I used it for. Open Roll Over Protecton.

Asking $7000.

RogerN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote:

I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe.

Why are you trying to sell a backhoe in this group?

Try eBay.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 12, 10:07*pm, John Doe wrote:
"RogerN" wrote:
I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe. *

Why are you trying to sell a backhoe in this group?

Try eBay.

If it's made of metal and works that would seem to be close enough to
me to be "on topic". It's a lot closer to the mark than lots of
screed in here.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Vernon wrote:
John Doe wrote:
"RogerN" wrote:

I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe. *

Why are you trying to sell a backhoe in this group? Try eBay.

If it's made of metal and works that would seem to be close enough
to me to be "on topic". It's a lot closer to the mark than lots
of screed in here.

If you've been here for at least a year, you saw Google Groups
spammers flood USENET (and it's still happening on a smaller scale).
The problem with spam even among regulars trying to sell on topic
stuff is that it can lead to everyone trying to outsell the other.

The improperly labeled, crossposted, and controversial off-topic
stuff is from people who have personal problems. There isn't a lot
of competition for being a troll and/or a kook like that.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I did use the front end loader to lift a metal lathe off the bed of my
truck. It may also work well for getting machines in and out of the
basement. :-)

RogerN

"John Doe" wrote in message
"RogerN" wrote:

I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe.

Why are you trying to sell a backhoe in this group?

Try eBay.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I did use the front end loader to lift a metal lathe off the bed of my
truck. It may also work well for getting machines in and out of the
basement. :-)

I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe.

Why O Why would you sell your backhoe? Unless you already have two. A
backhoe loader is the most useful piece of outside equipment there is. Most
fun too. I'm not selling mine. Ever. Unless I already have a second one. If
you were closer, I might buy yours and then sell mine. I've only got a ford
tractor and sherman hoe.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

I did use the front end loader to lift a metal lathe off the bed of my
truck. It may also work well for getting machines in and out of the
basement. :-)

I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe.

Why O Why would you sell your backhoe? Unless you already have two. A
backhoe loader is the most useful piece of outside equipment there is. Most
fun too. I'm not selling mine. Ever. Unless I already have a second one. If
you were closer, I might buy yours and then sell mine. I've only got a ford
tractor and sherman hoe.

Karl

I sold my backhoe (Deere 500C), but I did get a nice little Kubota
tractor (B7100DT) with loader and other attachments to replace it. I
still miss the capabilities of the big 'un, but the Kubota is more
appropriate for my current needs.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RogerN" wrote:
I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe.

Why are you trying to sell a backhoe in this group?

Try eBay.

If it's made of metal and works that would seem to be close enough to
me to be "on topic". It's a lot closer to the mark than lots of
screed in here.

It also might be a good DIY project for some metal worker. So this would be the ideal
group to advertise in. ;-)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

you were closer, I might buy yours and then sell mine. I've only got a
ford tractor and sherman hoe.

Karl

You have Jefferson's wife?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Backhoe's are somewhat better than even sliced bread. Unfortunately right
now I'm in a position where I have to work overtime to make ends meet. If I
could sell the backhoe now, pay off debt, and buy another backhoe after I'm
better on my feet, I think it would be helpful. But it's like you said,
they are so useful that I don't know the I could ever be "done" with it. I
may be more disappointed if I sell it than if I don't.

RogerN

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message

Why O Why would you sell your backhoe? Unless you already have two. A
backhoe loader is the most useful piece of outside equipment there is.
Most fun too. I'm not selling mine. Ever. Unless I already have a second
one. If you were closer, I might buy yours and then sell mine. I've only
got a ford tractor and sherman hoe.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Oct 13, 2:13*am, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:
I did use the front end loader to lift a metal lathe off the bed of my
truck. *It may also work well for getting machines in and out of the
basement. *:-)

I'm wanting to sell my Case 580B Diesel Backhoe.

Why O Why would you sell your backhoe? Unless you already have two. A
backhoe loader is the most useful piece of outside equipment there is. Most
fun too. I'm not selling mine. Ever. Unless I already have a second one. If
you were closer, I might buy yours and then sell mine. I've only got a ford
tractor and sherman hoe.

Karl

That's why my brother can't find a reasonably priced backhoe for his
Ford tractor.
Karl
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:25:11 -0500, the infamous "RogerN"
scrawled the following:

Backhoe's are somewhat better than even sliced bread. Unfortunately right
now I'm in a position where I have to work overtime to make ends meet. If I
could sell the backhoe now, pay off debt, and buy another backhoe after I'm
better on my feet, I think it would be helpful. But it's like you said,
they are so useful that I don't know the I could ever be "done" with it. I
may be more disappointed if I sell it than if I don't.

Why not rent yourself out on it to make extra cash instead of selling
it, Roger?

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:25:11 -0500, the infamous "RogerN"
scrawled the following:

Backhoe's are somewhat better than even sliced bread. Unfortunately right
now I'm in a position where I have to work overtime to make ends meet. If I
could sell the backhoe now, pay off debt, and buy another backhoe after I'm
better on my feet, I think it would be helpful. But it's like you said,
they are so useful that I don't know the I could ever be "done" with it. I
may be more disappointed if I sell it than if I don't.

Why not rent yourself out on it to make extra cash instead of selling
it, Roger?

Probably the cost of liability insurance, and the hassle of insuring the
local "call before you dig" gets called and utilities marked before
doing any work.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 10:54:25 -0500, the infamous "Pete C."
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 19:25:11 -0500, the infamous "RogerN"
scrawled the following:

Backhoe's are somewhat better than even sliced bread. Unfortunately right
now I'm in a position where I have to work overtime to make ends meet. If I
could sell the backhoe now, pay off debt, and buy another backhoe after I'm
better on my feet, I think it would be helpful. But it's like you said,
they are so useful that I don't know the I could ever be "done" with it. I
may be more disappointed if I sell it than if I don't.

Why not rent yourself out on it to make extra cash instead of selling
it, Roger?

Probably the cost of liability insurance, and the hassle of insuring the
local "call before you dig" gets called and utilities marked before
doing any work.

Oh, yeah, do call the DIG number. It's 811 here and the service is
free.

I'm paying "only" $900/yr for 1 million dollar liability. The CSing
MFing BASOBs at one bond agency nailed me for a grand the first year.
I found another agency last year and they charged me only $80, or $200
for 3 year bond. The bond requirement just doubled this year so I had
to give them some more money last month when I renewed my license and
insurances. It was a $1,700 month. Ouch!

BUT, if you have more than half a dozen jobs every year, it would more
than pay for itself. It can't hurt to call some business insurance
agents in your town, eh?

Alternatively, give the hoe to me! I'll consider it a very nice early
Christmas present. (_Thanks_, Roger!)

--
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it
exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong
remedy." -- Ernest Benn

FS, 3PT Hitch attachment for Case Backhoe. Roger_N Metalworking 2 August 28th 07 11:49 PM
BACKHOE J T Woodworking 0 February 21st 06 09:03 AM
Metal for backhoe RJ Metalworking 1 December 11th 05 10:14 PM
BACKHOE J T Woodworking 0 February 26th 05 08:29 AM
Backhoe/Minidigger which is best Robin Soper UK diy 2 March 16th 04 10:06 PM