Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Neise Easy-Angle fixture

I just aquired a Neise Modern Tools, Easy-Angle tool. This is a block
of steel 4 X 1/2 X 1 1/4 with a series of holes and pins in it. Two
of the larger pins are labeled "A" and "B" and stamped in the side are
60 30 45 30 60 15, etc.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/IMG_1206.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/IMG_1205.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/IMG_1195.jpg

The prior owner said that he used to have a paper that went along with
it to tell how to use and set it up properly but it is lost.

A google search was unproductive.

Can any of you guys help?

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
I just aquired a Neise Modern Tools, Easy-Angle tool. This is a block
of steel 4 X 1/2 X 1 1/4 with a series of holes and pins in it. Two
of the larger pins are labeled "A" and "B" and stamped in the side are
60 30 45 30 60 15, etc.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/IMG_1206.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/IMG_1205.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/IMG_1195.jpg

The prior owner said that he used to have a paper that went along with
it to tell how to use and set it up properly but it is lost.

A google search was unproductive.

Can any of you guys help?

These apparently came in different sizes. I have what is apparently a Model
EZ-6 which has 12 holes across the top as opposed to yours which has 8. I
do have a setup sheet for mine which might help you get started on
deciphering it's use and I can scan it in for you. Email me at
if you'd like a copy. It will be 2 pages which have to
be taped together to make complete sense of the document. It's just a
diagram of the hole patterns along with a table of which pins go where to
create the desired angle. The hole patterns on our 2 sets look a little
different.

The table for mine shows 4 pins (A, B, C, and D). I have pins stamped A, B,
and C plus 2 small-diameter ones like the ones in your picture. Those might
be the D pins. The head for the C-pin in my set is ~0.489" OD.

Mike

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 27, 5:39*pm, wrote:
I just aquired a Neise Modern Tools, Easy-Angle tool. *This is a block
of steel 4 X 1/2 X 1 1/4 with a series of holes and pins in it. *Two
of the larger pins are labeled "A" and "B" and stamped in the side are
60 30 45 30 60 15, etc.

This is used as a setup aid when placed in the vise of a milling
machine against the fixed jaw. A part needing a quick angle cut rests
against the correct set of pins, setting the angle. I've seen them as
projects in many toolmaker's books.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mike,
I sent an email to you. Did you get it? Will try again.

Bob
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bob,

Nope - nothing came in, though it might have been confused with spam and
been deleted. Try again and put something recognizable in the title. Or if
the email address on this post is valid, I can contact you that way.

Mike

wrote in message
Mike,
I sent an email to you. Did you get it? Will try again.

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

replying to Mike Henry, caseihlynn wrote:
I just bought a easy angle with little paper work can anybody help me ? model
E-Z 6 thank you

--
posted from
http://www.polytechforum.com/metalwo...re-144652-.htm

Clamping to Incra Right Angle Fixture MikeWhy Woodworking 4 September 26th 08 02:15 AM
Light Fixture newbee Home Repair 4 March 12th 07 10:13 PM
Ceiling fixture help [email protected] Home Repair 19 January 13th 07 02:36 AM
Light/Fan Fixture Brian Staff Home Repair 5 November 13th 06 12:22 PM
Light Fixture Corinne Home Repair 9 November 10th 05 05:02 AM