Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default POLITICS in metal working group

I don't have to name the usual suspects here, but you have become
SPAM.

I know many of you know much about METAL WORKING, but this is not the
forum for your political rants and mean-spiritedness.

For some reason, I imagine this will fall on deaf ears, but could
you... WOULD YOU, please, take it elsewhere. This has always been one
of the best on-topic newsgroups but a small handful of you are really
destroying this newsgroup.

Honestly, you are... guys (and women) are finding OTHER places to
discuss metalworking as s direct result of your uncaring attitude
towards the TOPIC of this forum. We shouldn't have to sift through
off-topic posts to find metal content, but that is what you've
created.

The hatred and vitriol on BOTH sides is not welcome here.

James, Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.

sad.

James
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RainLover" wrote in message
I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.

sad.

James

Its a shame but they tend to use the more popular groups to post their hate.
sad fact of life they want a big an audience as possible.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:40:57 -0700, RainLover
wrote:

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.

sad.

James

Without reading the whole thread even that might not be
true. There is usually a lot of "drift" in long threads...

Glean what you can and make good use of your delete and
ignore thread features. It helps a lot

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.

sad.

James

Without reading the whole thread even that might not be
true. There is usually a lot of "drift" in long threads...

Glean what you can and make good use of your delete and
ignore thread features. It helps a lot

How can I make my computer ignore threads?
Like ones started by Cliff?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.
sad.

James

Without reading the whole thread even that might not be
true. There is usually a lot of "drift" in long threads...

Glean what you can and make good use of your delete and
ignore thread features. It helps a lot

How can I make my computer ignore threads?
Like ones started by Cliff?

With Thunderbird, you start in the newsgroup you want to add the plonk
to, and open the tools tab then select message filters and then select
new filter. Fill in the email address or a fragment of the subject like
"shoes" or "handbags", and select the rest of the stuff from the boxes.
It will ignore threads started by someone, or containing the word on the
subject line but not clean the individuals responses out of a thread. As
far as I know, you have to select ignore thread for a disposition with
usenet stuff, delete does not work.

Between the chinese spamers and the worst of the wackos, I wind up
filtering about half to 2/3 of the message traffic out. It helps a lot.

Good Luck,
BobH
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.

[ ... ]

Without reading the whole thread even that might not be
true. There is usually a lot of "drift" in long threads...

Glean what you can and make good use of your delete and
ignore thread features. It helps a lot

How can I make my computer ignore threads?
Like ones started by Cliff?

Use a newsreader which will use a killfile. The better ones
will allow adding contents of "Subject: " headers, "From: " headers and
others, as well as filtering on the content of the body (which slows
things down a lot).

I can't advise on the best one for you. I'm running unix
systems, and I use slrn as my newsreader.

This "Subject: " header is about to be added to the killfile, at
least for the next 30 days.

Note that those who start an off-topic thread with "OT: " in it
where " " usually winds up are just postponing things. The first
time someone does a followup to the thread using Outlook Express (or
probably Outlook as well) it will decide that the "OT: " is " " in
some language, and will strip it out and replace it with " ", after
which all branches of the thread which follow that will no longer be
marked. Now, if they would only use "OT " *without* the ':' we would
be fine.

Anyway -- don't expect any more of my participation in this
thread. Just like the political ones, this subject tends to expand to
massive proportions, so I won't be reading it -- even though I *wish*
that people would stop tossing political things in here.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RainLover" wrote in message
I don't have to name the usual suspects here, but you have become
SPAM.

I know many of you know much about METAL WORKING, but this is not the
forum for your political rants and mean-spiritedness.

For some reason, I imagine this will fall on deaf ears, but could
you... WOULD YOU, please, take it elsewhere. This has always been one
of the best on-topic newsgroups but a small handful of you are really
destroying this newsgroup.

Honestly, you are... guys (and women) are finding OTHER places to
discuss metalworking as s direct result of your uncaring attitude
towards the TOPIC of this forum. We shouldn't have to sift through
off-topic posts to find metal content, but that is what you've
created.

The hatred and vitriol on BOTH sides is not welcome here.

James, Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth

This group is XX% metalworking, and XX% political bull****. This group, and
sci.engr.joining.welding are the two best groups I have been in. Perhaps
there are others.

There is hundreds of years of experience here free for the taking. Lots of
shortcuts, and tips you can take right out to the shop.

But you have these loonies, derelicts, and idiots who just don't get it.

When you see a political thread, and some loonie's name appears several
times, but never in anything to do with metal, just BLOCK SENDER. A simple
procedure on most any computer. You may miss one or two relevant posts
regarding metal working, but you won't miss the 249 on politics. Keep
going.

It won't be long and you'll work your way to the core of the people who come
here for the metalworking. Killfile anyone who posts messages to multiple
newsgroups, as they have just dissed the newsgroup, and find it important
that their spew be on as many block walls as possible.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Just filter it out.

You'll never get there. People change their names just because so many
killfile them, and they have a deep rooted need for their infantile prattle
screams to be heard. New ones come on the scene. But if you do some of the
things I've suggested, it keeps it to a manageable level.

And when you DO ask a question, the replies will come mostly from people
interested in metal working. And if someone responds with a ****eating
response, just killfile that idiot, too.

It ain't that hard, and you ain't going to get these politicos to go away.
You can just make them invisible, which is a close second.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.
sad.

James

Without reading the whole thread even that might not be
true. There is usually a lot of "drift" in long threads...

Glean what you can and make good use of your delete and
ignore thread features. It helps a lot

How can I make my computer ignore threads?
Like ones started by Cliff?

Depends on the program you are using. Some are dead on bullseye killfilers.
Others are simply a block sender type of arrangement.

Cliff is like a dog turd. When you see him (it), there's no need for
further investigation. Opening anything from him is equivalent to kneeling
at a dog turd, smelling it, then rubbing it with your index finger and
tasting it.

You know before you start what you're dealing with. Just pass on the
further investigation part.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Newsproxy works with any windows NNTP news reader software. It will
also drop all messages cross poted to newsgroups you don't want to see.
The link in my sig file will explain how it works.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

ROFLMAO!!! Well said Sir! Well said indeed!!

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in message

"RainLover" wrote in message
[...]

I rarely killfile anyone. I am my own filter. I read what I want and pass
over what I am not interested in. There is one group that I do killfile.
That's those little, wimpy, crybabies, that are always whining about threads
that are not metal related. I killfile them because they are the kind of
people that have nothing of value worth reading. They're simple, one
dimensional, bores, not worth wasting time on. I wish they would come up
with a new group for the boring, whiners to join. Then they could quit this
group and all be in one place where only people just like them would
congregate.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.
sad.

James

Without reading the whole thread even that might not be
true. There is usually a lot of "drift" in long threads...

Glean what you can and make good use of your delete and
ignore thread features. It helps a lot

How can I make my computer ignore threads?
Like ones started by Cliff?

Does anyone know where Cliff lives? I mean the town and street, etc.,
the precise location?

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Hawke" wrote in message

Drivel snipped.

PLONK.
--
martindot herewhybrowat herentlworlddot herecom

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Christopher Tidy" wrote in message

wrote:

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related. sad.

James

Without reading the whole thread even that might not be
true. There is usually a lot of "drift" in long threads...

Glean what you can and make good use of your delete and
ignore thread features. It helps a lot

How can I make my computer ignore threads?
Like ones started by Cliff?

Does anyone know where Cliff lives? I mean the town and street, etc., the
precise location?

Chris

If anyone finds out, put me down for a $20 contribution to "the project".

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:

http://www.emailfinderpro.com/EFP.as...com&_act=Step3

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Does anyone else see the IRONY in Gunner posting in this thread?

My real problem isn't just a single thread, but people like Gunner
really know their metals... I would hate to cut off my nose to spite
my face.

That being said, people like Gunner are so smart in some areas of
life, and then don't have a clue about others... like how they are
destroying this newsgroup with their politics.

I've read threads where people have asked specific people to please
stop posting their politics HERE (not everywhere... just here), and
those seemingly intelligent people just scoff.

I guess it's not just MENSA members who can have a HIGH I.Q.
(intelligence quotient) but abysmally low E.Q. (emotional quotient).

Sad.

James, Seattle

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Several points:

1. Its an election year
2. The US is more divided than at nearly any time in history
3. Good news readers have a Thread Ignore feature
4. No one is forcing readers to read political threads
5. No one is preventing readers from using the Thread Ignore
6. Failure to use the Thread Ignore if the thread is not your cup of
tea, is buffoonery
7. Continuing to read political threads if they are not your cup of
tea is buffoonery
8. You will be asked what sort of cheese you would like with your
whine.

9. Continuing to whine about political threads is masochism

10. If you wish to know something non political, metalworking (or
otherwise), one simply has to post it, start a new thread and you will
get a multitude of answers, some of which may even be correct.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

wrote:

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.
sad.

James

Without reading the whole thread even that might not be
true. There is usually a lot of "drift" in long threads...

Glean what you can and make good use of your delete and
ignore thread features. It helps a lot

How can I make my computer ignore threads?
Like ones started by Cliff?

Does anyone know where Cliff lives? I mean the town and street, etc.,
the precise location?

Chris

http://www.emailfinderpro.com/EFP.as...com&_act=Step3

Okay, so we need an operative in California, then? :-)

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

wrote:

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.
sad.

James

Without reading the whole thread even that might not be
true. There is usually a lot of "drift" in long threads...

Glean what you can and make good use of your delete and
ignore thread features. It helps a lot

How can I make my computer ignore threads?
Like ones started by Cliff?

Does anyone know where Cliff lives? I mean the town and street, etc.,
the precise location?

Chris

http://www.emailfinderpro.com/EFP.as...com&_act=Step3

Okay, so we need an operative in California, then? :-)

Gee, who do we know lives in California?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

http://www.emailfinderpro.com/EFP.as...com&_act=Step3

Okay, so we need an operative in California, then? :-)

Gee, who do we know lives in California?

Hmm. I heard the world's Most Famous Defendant moved away, but that
still leaves Gunner.

Chris

If Gunner ran into Cliff, it would be like matter and antimatter.
The resulting explosion would wipe out half the state.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:38:55 +0000, the infamous Christopher Tidy
scrolled the following:

Does anyone know where Cliff lives? I mean the town and street, etc.,
the precise location?

Chris

http://www.emailfinderpro.com/EFP.as...com&_act=Step3

Okay, so we need an operative in California, then? :-)

Hasn't anyone recently sent boxes of ammo for Gunner to test out?

-- George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

http://www.emailfinderpro.com/EFP.as...com&_act=Step3

Okay, so we need an operative in California, then? :-)

Gee, who do we know lives in California?

Hmm. I heard the world's Most Famous Defendant moved away, but that
still leaves Gunner.

Chris

If Gunner ran into Cliff, it would be like matter and antimatter.
The resulting explosion would wipe out half the state.

Is that why you get earthquakes there? Gunner runs into a Democrat and
the explosion rocks the state?

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 02:42:52 +0000, the infamous Christopher Tidy
scrolled the following:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

http://www.emailfinderpro.com/EFP.as...com&_act=Step3

Okay, so we need an operative in California, then? :-)

Gee, who do we know lives in California?

Hmm. I heard the world's Most Famous Defendant moved away, but that
still leaves Gunner.

Chris

If Gunner ran into Cliff, it would be like matter and antimatter.
The resulting explosion would wipe out half the state.

Is that why you get earthquakes there? Gunner runs into a Democrat and
the explosion rocks the state?

Nah, the quakes happen when Gunner uses the HE rounds in his fun guns.

Demonrats just melt into gooey little puddles of crap, urine, and
blood when they meet him.

-- George Bernard Shaw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Good one Gunner - well put. Sometimes, the politics is so ludicrous
its amusing, and it can be ignored if one chooses....and if a thread
starts running to heaps of postings, its a sure bet its wandered off.
But thats OK, sometimes it serves to pass the time in the wee small
hours when one cannot operate noisy machinery.....and lets face it
folks, by inclination most of us blue collar/redneck types tend to be
a bit extreme (in either direction)

Andrew VK3BFA.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 25, 3:38*pm, Christopher Tidy
wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

wrote:

http://www.emailfinderpro.com/EFP.as...com&_act=Step3

Okay, so we need an operative in California, then? :-)

Chris

Oh, I thought Cliff Huprich lived near Leon Fisk in Grand Rapids.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 06:31:57 -0700 (PDT), Jim Wilkins
wrote:

snip
Oh, I thought Cliff Huprich lived near Leon Fisk in Grand Rapids.

Mmm... I didn't think I was that bad (shrug).

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

If Gunner ran into Cliff, it would be like matter and antimatter.
The resulting explosion would wipe out half the state.

I don't think Gunner goes into Mt View CA gay bars.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Clark Magnuson wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

If Gunner ran into Cliff, it would be like matter and antimatter.
The resulting explosion would wipe out half the state.

I don't think Gunner goes into Mt View CA gay bars.

Are you saying Cliffie never leaves the bar? Never in the parking
lot, or on the roads?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Clark Magnuson wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

If Gunner ran into Cliff, it would be like matter and antimatter.
The resulting explosion would wipe out half the state.

I don't think Gunner goes into Mt View CA gay bars.

Are you saying Cliffie never leaves the bar? Never in the parking
lot, or on the roads?

I frequently wonder if Cliff is a robot. Perhaps some weird kind of
social experiment? The sheer volume of crap he posts is incredible.

Chris

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Clark Magnuson wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

If Gunner ran into Cliff, it would be like matter and antimatter.
The resulting explosion would wipe out half the state.

I don't think Gunner goes into Mt View CA gay bars.

Are you saying Cliffie never leaves the bar? Never in the parking
lot, or on the roads?

I frequently wonder if Cliff is a robot. Perhaps some weird kind of
social experiment? The sheer volume of crap he posts is incredible.

A robot would make more sense. He must do noting but sit in front of
his computer every waking moment. He wouldn't have that much time if he
had a life outside of USENET. I doubt he has one true friend. A
pathetic example of abusing the internet & USENET.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:22:27 +0000, Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Clark Magnuson wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

If Gunner ran into Cliff, it would be like matter and antimatter.
The resulting explosion would wipe out half the state.

I don't think Gunner goes into Mt View CA gay bars.

Are you saying Cliffie never leaves the bar? Never in the parking
lot, or on the roads?

I frequently wonder if Cliff is a robot. Perhaps some weird kind of
social experiment? The sheer volume of crap he posts is incredible.

Chris

Id say more of a failed genetic experiment. I hope both the egg and
sperm donors were sterilized after the results were known.

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:46:48 -0700
in rec.crafts.metalworking :
wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Clark Magnuson wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
If Gunner ran into Cliff, it would be like matter and antimatter.
The resulting explosion would wipe out half the state.
I don't think Gunner goes into Mt View CA gay bars.
Are you saying Cliffie never leaves the bar? Never in the parking
lot, or on the roads?

I frequently wonder if Cliff is a robot. Perhaps some weird kind of
social experiment? The sheer volume of crap he posts is incredible.

Chris

Id say more of a failed genetic experiment. I hope both the egg and
sperm donors were sterilized after the results were known.

"Zoot Mutants. They're the failed byproducts of genetic
engineering." Ruby, Galactic Gumshoe.
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed