Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default POLITICS in metal working group

"RainLover" wrote in message
I don't have to name the usual suspects here, but you have become
SPAM.

I know many of you know much about METAL WORKING, but this is not the
forum for your political rants and mean-spiritedness.

For some reason, I imagine this will fall on deaf ears, but could
you... WOULD YOU, please, take it elsewhere. This has always been one
of the best on-topic newsgroups but a small handful of you are really
destroying this newsgroup.

Honestly, you are... guys (and women) are finding OTHER places to
discuss metalworking as s direct result of your uncaring attitude
towards the TOPIC of this forum. We shouldn't have to sift through
off-topic posts to find metal content, but that is what you've
created.

The hatred and vitriol on BOTH sides is not welcome here.

James, Seattle, Washington, USA, Earth

This group is XX% metalworking, and XX% political bull****. This group, and
sci.engr.joining.welding are the two best groups I have been in. Perhaps
there are others.

There is hundreds of years of experience here free for the taking. Lots of
shortcuts, and tips you can take right out to the shop.

But you have these loonies, derelicts, and idiots who just don't get it.

When you see a political thread, and some loonie's name appears several
times, but never in anything to do with metal, just BLOCK SENDER. A simple
procedure on most any computer. You may miss one or two relevant posts
regarding metal working, but you won't miss the 249 on politics. Keep
going.

It won't be long and you'll work your way to the core of the people who come
here for the metalworking. Killfile anyone who posts messages to multiple
newsgroups, as they have just dissed the newsgroup, and find it important
that their spew be on as many block walls as possible.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Just filter it out.

You'll never get there. People change their names just because so many
killfile them, and they have a deep rooted need for their infantile prattle
screams to be heard. New ones come on the scene. But if you do some of the
things I've suggested, it keeps it to a manageable level.

And when you DO ask a question, the replies will come mostly from people
interested in metal working. And if someone responds with a ****eating
response, just killfile that idiot, too.

It ain't that hard, and you ain't going to get these politicos to go away.
You can just make them invisible, which is a close second.

Steve