Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BobH[_2_] BobH[_2_] is offline

Default POLITICS in metal working group

Clark Magnuson wrote:
Leon Fisk wrote:
On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:40:57 -0700, RainLover
wrote:

I just read the statistics. . . out of the TOP 20 threads, only 7 are
metalworking related.
sad.

James

Without reading the whole thread even that might not be
true. There is usually a lot of "drift" in long threads...

Glean what you can and make good use of your delete and
ignore thread features. It helps a lot

How can I make my computer ignore threads?
Like ones started by Cliff?

With Thunderbird, you start in the newsgroup you want to add the plonk
to, and open the tools tab then select message filters and then select
new filter. Fill in the email address or a fragment of the subject like
"shoes" or "handbags", and select the rest of the stuff from the boxes.
It will ignore threads started by someone, or containing the word on the
subject line but not clean the individuals responses out of a thread. As
far as I know, you have to select ignore thread for a disposition with
usenet stuff, delete does not work.

Between the chinese spamers and the worst of the wackos, I wind up
filtering about half to 2/3 of the message traffic out. It helps a lot.

Good Luck,
BobH