Old September 11th 08, 11:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default "Nobody Beats Harbor Freight on Quality and Value"

Subject line quoted from their latest ad. ROTFLMAO

Old September 12th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Leo Lichtman" wrote:

Subject line quoted from their latest ad. ROTFLMAO

Damn, I guess with the political season in full swing they thought they (harbor fright)
could try floating a real whopper and no one would call them on it.

Wes
Old September 12th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:21:09 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Leo
Lichtman" quickly quoth:

Subject line quoted from their latest ad. ROTFLMAO

To each their own, Leo.

I have dozens of their handtools which honor that sentiment. When I
needed something which had to last and was used heavily daily, I
bought a Bosch Impactor. But HF's little power tools (and a hell of a
lot of hand tools) have a big space in my shop and work truck. I use
them all happily for a long time. Hell, I don't use a hammer that much
("screw it" is my motto) but I much prefer the $2.49 20oz HF
waffle-faced framer to a $60 Vaughn.

They still stock some real pieces of **** there at the HF stores, but
all it takes is one _look_ to tell that, so one easily avoids them.

I still have the pack of right-angle drill bits I got about 30 years
ago, on my first trip into HF in Escondido, CA. I think they're half
lead, half weak steel. The first one I tried using bent 90 degrees,
right in the middle, instead of breaking. I've never laughed so hard.
I keep it for the warm memories. g

--
"Most Folks Are As Happy As They Make Up Their Minds To Be"
-Abraham Lincoln
Old September 12th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:21:09 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Leo
Lichtman" quickly quoth:

Subject line quoted from their latest ad. ROTFLMAO

[...]

You're being unfair. That's what they meant by "right-angle drill bits."
They were being completely truthful.

--
Ed Huntress

Old September 12th 08, 10:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Leo Lichtman" wrote in message
news
Subject line quoted from their latest ad. ROTFLMAO

They didn't say whether the quality was high or low though, did they?

Steve R.

Old September 12th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:59:23 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, "Ed
Huntress" quickly quoth:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

I still have the pack of right-angle drill bits I got about 30 years
ago, on my first trip into HF in Escondido, CA. I think they're half
lead, half weak steel. The first one I tried using bent 90 degrees,
right in the middle, instead of breaking. I've never laughed so hard.
I keep it for the warm memories. g

You're being unfair. That's what they meant by "right-angle drill bits."
They were being completely truthful.

The package actually said "13 Piece Twist Drill Set".

Oh my Buddha! I just got the package out and it appears that I had
inadvertently dissed China and HF. This was from a Handyman store and
is clearly marked "Made in Japan", back in the days that Japanese
stuff was crap. My apologies to China and HF.

Old September 12th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 11, 3:21*pm, "Leo Lichtman"
wrote:
Subject line quoted from their latest ad. *ROTFLMAO

I think they got it half right. I have not bought much from Harbor
Freight that was not worth what I paid. It is often not the best
quality, but acceptable quality for the price.

Sometimes the quality is excellent even though the price is low. I
bought a 12 by 40 monocular made in Russia that was of excellent
quality and only cost about $20.

Dan
Old September 13th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 12, 6:36*am, Ignoramus24794
Sometimes the quality is excellent even though the price is low. *I
bought a 12 by 40 monocular made in Russia that was of excellent
quality and only cost about $20.

Do you have their item number handy, per chance?

I do not think they still have them. I wanted to buy another one and
could not find them.

Dan