Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Harbor Freight 10" SCMS?

American Woodworker said that their 12" was a remarkable value at $200;
might not be as solid as a $600 saw, but fine for casual use.

Their 10" is now $90. I don't expect to use it much as I use a RAS for all
my 90 degree stuff, but the RAS is a pain to set up for off angles. I
rarely do any, but it would be nice to have a $90 SCMS for them. But, if it
is worthless then it is just burning $90.

Anyone actually used it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin

Iknow I'm going to kick myself when I get the answer, but what is an "SCMS"?

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
"Toller" wrote in message
American Woodworker said that their 12" was a remarkable value at $200;
might not be as solid as a $600 saw, but fine for casual use.

Their 10" is now $90. I don't expect to use it much as I use a RAS for

all
my 90 degree stuff, but the RAS is a pain to set up for off angles. I
rarely do any, but it would be nice to have a $90 SCMS for them. But, if

it
is worthless then it is just burning $90.

Anyone actually used it?

Posted to alt.home.repair
njmodi

sliding-compound-miter-saw

Posted to alt.home.repair
nanook

On Wed, 24 May 2006 20:38:43 -0700, "Jim McLaughlin" jim.mclaughlin
wrote:

Iknow I'm going to kick myself when I get the answer, but what is an "SCMS"?

Sliding Compound Miter Saw
Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin

Duuuuh.

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
"njmodi" wrote in message
ups.com...
sliding-compound-miter-saw

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin

Duuuuh.

--

wrote:

Iknow I'm going to kick myself when I get the answer, but what is an

"SCMS"?

Sliding Compound Miter Saw

Any disadvantage of 12" SCMS versus 10" SCMS [email protected] Woodworking 4 February 15th 05 08:16 AM
Delta SCMS vibration problem Greg Moore Woodworking 1 May 23rd 04 05:47 PM
cms vs scms [email protected] Woodworking 3 January 27th 04 06:21 AM
SCMS max cut? Grant Byrne Woodworking 4 December 7th 03 06:57 PM
Why isn't there a SCMS that can accept a dado blade? BeerBoy Woodworking 6 September 5th 03 03:41 AM