Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Beckman Industrial???

I picked up 5 Beckman Industrial Series 7200 temperature controllers
on ebay a while a go for $10

Best as I can figure out..these are capable of ramp up, hold, ramp
down etc etc all programmable with plenty of relay outputs etc

Only problem is..no manuals to be found.

My Google Fu has been defeated. I think Beckman Industrial was sold
to Emerson Electric, but calls to the various Emerson, Beckman,
Beckman Coulter etc etc are all resulting in pretty much a universal
"Huh?"

Model Number DC7212

I put 110vac on one, powers up fine, a type K platinum thermocouple on
the Sensor input..and it displays air temperature..(currently at
9pm...93F with the fans in the shop running)

I can go into the Menu..but none of the entries mean anything without
documentation

Anyone got a clue as to where to call next?

I figure these would control heat treating ovens very very well as the
one mention I could find on the internet was using it to control
heaters in a physics experiment

It does ramp up/down, time etc etc

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Hi Gunner.
Lots of this stuff recently is private-labelled, could be the case with your
units.
Maybe post a link to a photo, and see if someone here can recognize it by
appearance.

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 04:34:07 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

Only problem is..no manuals to be found.

My Google Fu has been defeated. I think Beckman Industrial was sold
to Emerson Electric, but calls to the various Emerson, Beckman,
Beckman Coulter etc etc are all resulting in pretty much a universal
"Huh?"

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/compa...y-History.html
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked up 5 Beckman Industrial Series 7200 temperature controllers
on ebay a while a go for $10

Best as I can figure out..these are capable of ramp up, hold, ramp
down etc etc all programmable with plenty of relay outputs etc

Only problem is..no manuals to be found.

My Google Fu has been defeated. I think Beckman Industrial was sold
to Emerson Electric, but calls to the various Emerson, Beckman,
Beckman Coulter etc etc are all resulting in pretty much a universal
"Huh?"

It's possible Wavetek bought up that line of products. I have no idea who
has the Wavetek line of small instruments like meters now though, but it
has changed hands yet again.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon wrote:
(top posting fixed)
[...]

You may also want to post your question on sci.engr.control. It's got
less than 1% of the traffic of this group, but there are a lot of
lurkers who use industrial controllers. Someone may have a line on what
you're looking for, particularly if you can toss a photo up on the web
someplace.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked up 5 Beckman Industrial Series 7200 temperature controllers
on ebay a while a go for $10

Best as I can figure out..these are capable of ramp up, hold, ramp
down etc etc all programmable with plenty of relay outputs etc

Only problem is..no manuals to be found.

My guess is this stuff is REALLY old, like 1970's. Orange
segment glow displays? Beckman made a lot of process
instruments to sell their "nixie" tube line.

If it is newer than that, maybe with a vacuum fluorescent
display (blue), it may be the same as an Omega controller from
the same vintage. You can probably get lucky and find an old
Omega catalog that may JUST have enough info to gewt you going.
They printed them by the tons and sent them out with the EE
master catalogs.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 22:46:00 -0500, Jon Elson
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
I picked up 5 Beckman Industrial Series 7200 temperature controllers
on ebay a while a go for $10

Best as I can figure out..these are capable of ramp up, hold, ramp
down etc etc all programmable with plenty of relay outputs etc

Only problem is..no manuals to be found.

My guess is this stuff is REALLY old, like 1970's. Orange
segment glow displays? Beckman made a lot of process
instruments to sell their "nixie" tube line.

If it is newer than that, maybe with a vacuum fluorescent
display (blue), it may be the same as an Omega controller from
the same vintage. You can probably get lucky and find an old
Omega catalog that may JUST have enough info to gewt you going.
They printed them by the tons and sent them out with the EE
master catalogs.

Jon

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Beckman

Not Nixie...LED

The 'styling" says late 80s mid 90s to me. Shrug

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/Beckman

Not Nixie...LED

The 'styling" says late 80s mid 90s to me. Shrug

http://www.big-list.com/usedmanu.html sometimes helps you track down a
manual.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joe Joe is offline

I don't know how familiar you are with that generation of controller,
but after working with a lot of different makes & models, I've noticed
similarities in the set up procedures. The real bitch is if you have
to do voodoo to move to different programming levels in the menus.
Other than that, a familiarity with the general programming structure
will help a lot.

Persistance in a search also may pay off. Perhaps you could find a
large rep for that stuff who may still have a copy of the manual. I've
done that before.

Good luck

Joe

wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Joe wrote:

I picked up 5 Beckman Industrial Series 7200 temperature controllers
on ebay a while a go for $10

Only problem is..no manuals to be found.

Doric Instruments bought Beckman's line of controllers.

http://www.doric-vas.com/products.htm#temperature

You might send them a note.

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

axolotl wrote:
Joe wrote:

I picked up 5 Beckman Industrial Series 7200 temperature controllers
on ebay a while a go for $10

Only problem is..no manuals to be found.

Doric Instruments bought Beckman's line of controllers.

http://www.doric-vas.com/products.htm#temperature

You might send them a note.

HaHa, it looks like their products haven't been changed in decades so
getting a manual should be easy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 02 Sep 2008 20:51:28 -0400, axolotl
wrote:

Joe wrote:

I picked up 5 Beckman Industrial Series 7200 temperature controllers
on ebay a while a go for $10

Only problem is..no manuals to be found.

Doric Instruments bought Beckman's line of controllers.

http://www.doric-vas.com/products.htm#temperature

You might send them a note.

Kevin Gallimore

Looks like all doric makes are sensors

Ill drop em an email

Thanks!

Gunner

"I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the
means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not
making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of
it. In my youth I travelled much, and I observed in different
countries, that the more public provisions were made for the
poor the less they provided for themselves, and of course became
poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the
more they did for themselves, and became richer." -- Benjamin
Franklin, /The Encouragement of Idleness/, 1766