Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott Tim Wescott is offline

Default Beckman Industrial???

Jon wrote:
(top posting fixed)
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
I picked up 5 Beckman Industrial Series 7200 temperature controllers
on ebay a while a go for $10

Best as I can figure out..these are capable of ramp up, hold, ramp
down etc etc all programmable with plenty of relay outputs etc

Only problem is..no manuals to be found.

My Google Fu has been defeated. I think Beckman Industrial was sold
to Emerson Electric, but calls to the various Emerson, Beckman,
Beckman Coulter etc etc are all resulting in pretty much a universal
"Huh?"

Model Number DC7212

I put 110vac on one, powers up fine, a type K platinum thermocouple on
the Sensor input..and it displays air temperature..(currently at
9pm...93F with the fans in the shop running)

I can go into the Menu..but none of the entries mean anything without
documentation

Anyone got a clue as to where to call next?

I figure these would control heat treating ovens very very well as the
one mention I could find on the internet was using it to control
heaters in a physics experiment

It does ramp up/down, time etc etc

Gunner

Hi Gunner.
Lots of this stuff recently is private-labelled, could be the case with your
units.
Maybe post a link to a photo, and see if someone here can recognize it by
appearance.

You may also want to post your question on sci.engr.control. It's got
less than 1% of the traffic of this group, but there are a lot of
lurkers who use industrial controllers. Someone may have a line on what
you're looking for, particularly if you can toss a photo up on the web
someplace.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services