Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - TSA inspector breaks nine airliners

He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Fsking brilliant.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:

He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Do airliners have 'no step' painted above it like on military air craft?

WEs
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Wes" wrote in message
Jim Stewart wrote:

He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Do airliners have 'no step' painted above it like on military air craft?

WEs

According to this mornings Chi Trib article, they do.

"There is a sign that clearly says, 'Don't step,' " said American
spokeswoman Mary Frances Fagan

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-20, Paul K. Dickman wrote:

"Wes" wrote in message
Jim Stewart wrote:

He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Do airliners have 'no step' painted above it like on military air craft?

WEs

According to this mornings Chi Trib article, they do.

"There is a sign that clearly says, 'Don't step,' " said American
spokeswoman Mary Frances Fagan

But was there a picture for those TSA inspectors who cannot read?

\ /
\ / / /
o o
o--/ /
`----
/ \
/ \

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 19, 7:54 pm, Jim Stewart wrote:
He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Fsking brilliant.

Next time the gov't orders up a whole new class of useless petty
tyrants, maybe we can make sure they're not completely stupid.

Dave

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 20, 9:33*am, Ignoramus15257 ignoramus15...@NOSPAM.
On 2008-08-20, wrote:

Next time the gov't orders up a whole new class of useless petty
tyrants, maybe we can make sure they're not completely stupid.

Probably not very easy to find intelligent, but useless and petty
tyrants.

Oh yes it is. The problem is finding ones with the technical ability
to tie their own shoelaces. Look sometime, see how many wear loafers.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-20, Paul K. Dickman wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message

"There is a sign that clearly says, 'Don't step,' " said American
spokeswoman Mary Frances Fagan

But was there a picture for those TSA inspectors who cannot read?

A picture probably wouldn't have made any difference.

The motto of the TSA:

Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
On Aug 19, 7:54 pm, Jim Stewart wrote:
He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Fsking brilliant.

Next time the gov't orders up a whole new class of useless petty
tyrants, maybe we can make sure they're not completely stupid.

Dave

I thought that making the managers federal employees who would oversee the
grunts, that could make sense.

I was impressed that they found a way to add tens of thousands of federal
employees overnight.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 14:27:09 GMT, "Jon"
wrote:

wrote in message
On Aug 19, 7:54 pm, Jim Stewart wrote:
He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Fsking brilliant.

Next time the gov't orders up a whole new class of useless petty
tyrants, maybe we can make sure they're not completely stupid.

Dave

====I thought that making the managers federal employees who would oversee the
grunts, that could make sense. ====

I was impressed that they found a way to add tens of thousands of federal
employees overnight.

===============
So did a lot of people including me.

The fundamental problem is that when you hire people to do stupid
things, they adapt to their environment and get stupid.

When examined using only information and data from TSA
information/propiganda/indoctrination material, TSA actions are
logical and understandable. Unfortunately, the TSA
information/propaganda/indoctrination materials has minimal to no
relationship to the real world, e.g. forcing passengers to remove
nipple rings, and placing people with replacement [metal] joints
on the watch list [including veterans] because they keep tripping
the TSA alarms. I have heard of people being detained/delayed
because of heart pacemakers and insulin pumps. No information on
how many heart patients have been injured/killed when their
"nitro" pills were confiscated.

The TSA is however doing their best to make civil aviation safer.
When all the airlines are out of business, we won't have to worry
about suicide hijackers or bombers...

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"F. George McDuffee" wrote in message

The fundamental problem is that when you hire people to do stupid
things, they adapt to their environment and get stupid.

This is probably one of the best lines of all times.

If you don't mind, I will add it to my collection of smart ass comments.

Paul K. Dickman

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:
He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

It was the TAT but anyway...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/08/20/grounded.jets/

Now I feel so much safer.

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

axolotl wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

It was the TAT but anyway...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/08/20/grounded.jets/

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RB wrote:
axolotl wrote:
Jim Stewart wrote:
He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

It was the TAT but anyway...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/08/20/grounded.jets/

Yeah, on the article *you* read....

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:

Yeah, on the article *you* read....

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story

Well, there are a lot of TSA employees, and a lot of airplanes... could
be they are both right

Kevin Gallimore

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-08-20, wrote:

Next time the gov't orders up a whole new class of useless petty
tyrants, maybe we can make sure they're not completely stupid.

Probably not very easy to find intelligent, but useless and petty
tyrants.

Oh yes it is. The problem is finding ones with the technical ability
to tie their own shoelaces. Look sometime, see how many wear loafers.

I think that is why they invented Velcro colsures for shoes. :-)
...lew...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:32:02 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
axolotl quickly quoth:

Jim Stewart wrote:
He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

It was the TAT but anyway...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/08/20/grounded.jets/

Now I feel so much safer.

And I'm more confident in a gov't who will -fine- companies for being
wrecked by the gov't inspectors. NOT!

I'd be more inclined to order a firing squad for the inspector in the
hopes that it would make future -inspectors- a bit more vigilant.
sigh (see sig, please)

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Lew Hartswick wrote:

I think that is why they invented Velcro colsures for shoes. :-)

Crazy glue would be better for some of them. They would spend all
day playing with the velcro.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jim Stewart wrote:
He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

It was the TAT but anyway...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/08/20/grounded.jets/

Now I feel so much safer.

And I'm more confident in a gov't who will -fine- companies for being
wrecked by the gov't inspectors. NOT!

I'd be more inclined to order a firing squad for the inspector in the
hopes that it would make future -inspectors- a bit more vigilant.
sigh (see sig, please)

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
--John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_

You left out: 'Keep it in their pants', to prevent another generation
of useless politicians.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Would the intentional act of damaging an aircraft be an act of
terrorism?

Not there is a thought. And where would the repair bill be sent?

Bob

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote:

The fundamental problem is that when you hire people to do stupid
things, they adapt to their environment and get stupid.

They are not stupid for the most part, just resentful. That means a creative mind is
playing stupid. A much worse situation.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:50:55 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes
quickly quoth:

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote:

The fundamental problem is that when you hire people to do stupid
things, they adapt to their environment and get stupid.

They are not stupid for the most part, just resentful. That means a creative mind is
playing stupid. A much worse situation.

With the resentment come thoughts of reparation, consciously or
unconsciously. "I'll show them how much I like this job now that it's
dumbed down..." etc.

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
--John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Aug 20, 11:30*pm, Larry Jaques
wrote:

I'd be more inclined to order a firing squad for the inspector in the
hopes that it would make future -inspectors- a bit more vigilant.
sigh *(see sig, please)

You break it, you buy it.

Or force then to attend metalworking classes, some peoples' concept of
Hell.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:54:55 -0700, Jim Stewart penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.crafts.metalworking:

He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Fsking brilliant.

I could go on and on about this, but the most telling comment, as I
understand it...... is that his superiors defended him for "doing his
job."

If true, that may be all you need to know...........
--

Homepage
http://pamandgene.idleplay.net/MachineShop/index.htm
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:54:55 -0700, Jim Stewart penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.crafts.metalworking:

He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Fsking brilliant.

Yeah. I had a friggin' beetle total all the pitot/static instruments (in
flight!) in a Turbo Arrow. The horn is delicate; even on a heavy.

LLoyd

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:40:39 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Gene
Kearns quickly quoth:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:54:55 -0700, Jim Stewart penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.crafts.metalworking:

He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Fsking brilliant.

I could go on and on about this, but the most telling comment, as I
understand it...... is that his superiors defended him for "doing his
job."

If true, that may be all you need to know...........

No, all you need to know is that the TSA is going to fine the airline.
Can you say "Pass the buck"? I knew you could.

--
Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government:
Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it.
--John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:40:39 -0400, Gene Kearns
wrote:

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 16:54:55 -0700, Jim Stewart penned the following
well considered thoughts to the readers of rec.crafts.metalworking:

He tried to climb inside using the pitot/aoa
tube as a handhold.

Fsking brilliant.

I could go on and on about this, but the most telling comment, as I
understand it...... is that his superiors defended him for "doing his
job."

If true, that may be all you need to know...........

Is this the same FAA that was sending airframe inspectors out to do
their rounds in an old Gov't Property fabric-covered Piper with big
tears in the fabric on the fuselage? To where if they were inspecting
their own plane, it would fail? Them?

Heard that one a while back from a former cow-orker who had a pilots
license. And that their supervisor overrode their repair requests and
complaints and told them to 'Get to work!'

"50,000 spare parts flying in close formation, and every one of them
made by the low bidder..."

-- Bruce --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
Paul K. Dickman wrote:

Do airliners have 'no step' painted above it like on military air craft?

WEs

According to this mornings Chi Trib article, they do.

You could argue (and the TSA probably does) that terrorists wouldn't
honor such a sign, so the TSA inspectors are acting reasonably when
they use the same forced entry techniques that terrorists would
employ. The fact that they were able to gain access to aircraft that
should have been secured backs this up.

It's bull**** of course; the TSA inspectors could just as easily have
used a ladder to inspect the same access points without endangering lives.

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/