Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - IRS and the Economic Stimulation Boggle

Supposedly the IRS has offered $300 to everybody who files a return this
year to "stimulate the economy".

I'm not involved in this one, but my girlfriend is.

She received a letter from IRS stating that her check would arrive
July 11. But it hasn't. Their web site just says "delayed".
There seems to be quite a few other people in the same boat.

Thought I'd ask you guys about it and see who has and who hasn't.

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb himself wrote:

Supposedly the IRS has offered $300 to everybody who files a return this
year to "stimulate the economy".

I'm not involved in this one, but my girlfriend is.

She received a letter from IRS stating that her check would arrive
July 11. But it hasn't. Their web site just says "delayed".
There seems to be quite a few other people in the same boat.

Thought I'd ask you guys about it and see who has and who hasn't.

Mine arrived two weeks ago.
Some computer parts and three tanks of gas later, it's all gone.
Like water on sand.

--Winston

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb himself wrote:

She received a letter from IRS stating that her check would arrive
July 11. But it hasn't. Their web site just says "delayed".
There seems to be quite a few other people in the same boat.

Mom, who is living on SS and a tiny pension, didn't file. Actually she hasn't made enough
to file for years. I filed for her. If we were not spending her funds for materials to
re-side her house, she would have just let the money go.

The sad thing, other than this being a bribe, is I had to spend an hour figuring out how
to file her tax return. I hate to think how some 'dog food' eating senior is going to do
this.

Oh, we are using domesticly produced cedar siding. The money is going back into the
economy. Part of my bribe and my brothers bribe is going into this also.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb himself wrote:
Supposedly the IRS has offered $300 to everybody who files a return this
year to "stimulate the economy".

I'm not involved in this one, but my girlfriend is.

She received a letter from IRS stating that her check would arrive
July 11. But it hasn't. Their web site just says "delayed".
There seems to be quite a few other people in the same boat.

Thought I'd ask you guys about it and see who has and who hasn't.

Ours came a couple weeks ag. It just went in the bank with the
others. :-)
...lew...(I spend money when I NEED something)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
cavelamb himself wrote:

She received a letter from IRS stating that her check would arrive
July 11. But it hasn't. Their web site just says "delayed".
There seems to be quite a few other people in the same boat.

Mom, who is living on SS and a tiny pension, didn't file. Actually she hasn't made enough
to file for years. I filed for her. If we were not spending her funds for materials to
re-side her house, she would have just let the money go.

The sad thing, other than this being a bribe, is I had to spend an hour figuring out how
to file her tax return. I hate to think how some 'dog food' eating senior is going to do
this.

Oh, we are using domesticly produced cedar siding. The money is going back into the
economy. Part of my bribe and my brothers bribe is going into this also.

Wes

You know, I don't doubt it's a bribe, but for what?

What are they trying to get for the money?

If it's a bribe to file then I'm going to guess that the IRS
database is corrupted and they are trying to rebuild it.

Or ???

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 15:47:41 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

Supposedly the IRS has offered $300 to everybody who files a return this
year to "stimulate the economy".

I'm not involved in this one, but my girlfriend is.

She received a letter from IRS stating that her check would arrive
July 11. But it hasn't. Their web site just says "delayed".
There seems to be quite a few other people in the same boat.

Thought I'd ask you guys about it and see who has and who hasn't.

I filed on time but haven't seen any "stimulus money" yet.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Don Foreman wrote:

I filed on time but haven't seen any "stimulus money" yet.

Did they send you a letter about it, Don?

--

Richard

(remove the X to email)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 22:42:44 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Don
Foreman quickly quoth:

wrote:

Supposedly the IRS has offered $300 to everybody who files a return this
year to "stimulate the economy".

I'm not involved in this one, but my girlfriend is.

She received a letter from IRS stating that her check would arrive
July 11. But it hasn't. Their web site just says "delayed".
There seems to be quite a few other people in the same boat.

Thought I'd ask you guys about it and see who has and who hasn't.

I filed on time but haven't seen any "stimulus money" yet.

I filed early (April 13th via TurboTax and indicated that the money
should go to next year's taxes. It arrived as a check at my door just
after the 4th of July weekend. It stimulated me to pay a couple bills.

--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb himself wrote:
You know, I don't doubt it's a bribe, but for what?

It's the Incumbent Reelection Bribe.

Pete

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message

Thought I'd ask you guys about it and see who has and who hasn't.

Yep, we got our check several weeks ago. Since we figure that money was
stolen out of our savings (in the form of reduced spending power caused by
deficit-fueled inflation) we put it right back where it belongs...in our
savings.

--
Vaughn

Nothing personal, but if you are posting through Google Groups I may not receive
your message. Google refuses to control the flood of spam messages originating
in their system, so on any given day I may or may not have Google blocked. Try
a real NNTP server & news reader program and you will never go back. All you
need is access to an NNTP server (AKA "news server") and a news reader program.
You probably already have a news reader program in your computer (Hint: Outlook
Express). Assuming that your Usenet needs are modest, use
http://news.aioe.org/ for free and/or http://www.teranews.com/ for a one-time
$3.95 setup fee.

Will poofread for food.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 23:01:32 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

Don Foreman wrote:

I filed on time but haven't seen any "stimulus money" yet.

Did they send you a letter about it, Don?

No. They did want some backup for my 1040, which I sent immediately.
That may be an excuse for delay -- though they sure as hell didn't
lose any time cashing the check I submitted with my 1040 -- which was
somewhat larger than their "stimulus" check they'll send if and when
they get goddamned good and ready -- or not.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

cavelamb himself wrote:

You know, I don't doubt it's a bribe, but for what?

What are they trying to get for the money?

Well it is to protect incubents. One of the few things that Congress can be bipartism
over.

Campaign Finance 'reform' was another example.

Wes