Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Lets send the progressives to their more prefered society

RCM only

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 23:52:49 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
(Jerry) quickly quoth:

On 05 Aug 2008 04:44:39 GMT, (Curt Welch) wrote:

(Jerry) wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 23:32:19 -0700, "Hawke"
wrote:

In other words, "promoting the general welfare" is the REASON for
"establishing this Constitution" and the text that FOLLOWS the
preamble is HOW "the general welfare" is to be promoted.

I mean, this OUGHT to be apparent to anybody who studied basic
English syntax in grade school.

Fool. Promoting the general welfare means not having anyone on
welfare.

Ok, I'm probably stupid for jumping into the middle of this, but you happen
to have touched on an idea I find interesting.

--big snip--
When we become advanced enough, the only way to promote general welfare, is
to have everyone 100% on welfare. That day is probably less than 100 years
away. Between now and then, the only way to continue to promote general
welfare, is create more systems of welfare, and to do more to take from the
super rich, and give to the bulk of the people.

Welcome. Welcome to the machine

Where have you been?
It's alright we know where you've been.
You've been in the pipeline, filling in time,
Provided with toys and 'Scouting for Boys'.
You brought a guitar to punish your ma,
And you didn't like school, and you
know you're nobody's fool,
So welcome to the machine.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream?
It's alright we told you what to dream.
You dreamed of a big star,
He played a mean gituar,
He always ate in the Steak Bar.
He loved to drive in his Jaguar.
So welcome to the Machine.

--
A great preservative against angry and mutinous thoughts, and all
impatience and quarreling, is to have some great business and