Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Say, did anything happen? Nuclear War to begin June 12 2008

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

The best way to make traffic a breeze is to have a federal holiday. It seems to
take a third of the cars off the road. Gov. too big?

Add state and city to it and the roads will be growing grass in the cracks.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 18:21:27 -0400, Wes wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

The best way to make traffic a breeze is to have a federal holiday. It seems to
take a third of the cars off the road. Gov. too big?

Add state and city to it and the roads will be growing grass in the cracks.

Wes

And with no state/federal workers to cut the grass, it might grow to the point
that they couldn't drive to the depot at the end of the holiday to get the
mowers. Civilization might end. Enter, stage-left, Gunner disguised as Mad Max
BEG

Mark Rand
RTFM
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

The best way to make traffic a breeze is to have a federal holiday. It seems to
take a third of the cars off the road. Gov. too big?

Add state and city to it and the roads will be growing grass in the cracks.

Some already do.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Notice to all employees!
Due to political correctness, we must insist that you call a spade a
shovel!
That is all.!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

Wes wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

The best way to make traffic a breeze is to have a federal holiday. It
seems to
take a third of the cars off the road. Gov. too big?

Add state and city to it and the roads will be growing grass in the
cracks.

Some already do.

Well, there's a conservative solution to that, Michael: Get some highway
workers to do some volunteer charity work, and clean up the roads.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

The best way to make traffic a breeze is to have a federal holiday. It
seems to
take a third of the cars off the road. Gov. too big?
Add state and city to it and the roads will be growing grass in the
cracks.

Some already do.

Well, there's a conservative solution to that, Michael: Get some highway
workers to do some volunteer charity work, and clean up the roads.

--
Ed Huntress

We already do that. My family has adopted about 4 miles of state
highway. We pick up the trash, trim around signage and I mow much of the
grass.

What do I get out of it?
A nice clean section of road that looks like it did when people
actually gave a damn about things.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

The best way to make traffic a breeze is to have a federal holiday.
It seems to
take a third of the cars off the road. Gov. too big?
Add state and city to it and the roads will be growing grass in the
cracks.

Some already do.

Well, there's a conservative solution to that, Michael: Get some highway
workers to do some volunteer charity work, and clean up the roads.

--
Ed Huntress

We already do that. My family has adopted about 4 miles of state highway.
We pick up the trash, trim around signage and I mow much of the grass.

What do I get out of it?
A nice clean section of road that looks like it did when people actually
gave a damn about things.

Aha! So *you're* the one. I heard there was around 4 miles of clean highway
somewhere in New York state, but nobody could remember where it was. d8-)

Four miles down, a few million to go...

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
Wes wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

[...]

What REALLY amazed me was that after I had been doing the clean up for a
while, a few others started doing the same along their places. Seems I
started a trend!

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Life is not like a box of chocolates
it's more like a jar of jalapenos-
what you do today could burn your ass tomorrow!
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve W." wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
Wes wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

[...]

Yup, that's amazing, all right. I'll have to watch for it the next time I'm
up there.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

The best way to make traffic a breeze is to have a federal holiday. It
seems to
take a third of the cars off the road. Gov. too big?

Add state and city to it and the roads will be growing grass in the
cracks.

Some already do.

Well, there's a conservative solution to that, Michael: Get some highway
workers to do some volunteer charity work, and clean up the roads.

What does that have to do with grass growing in cracked asphalt? Do
you want them to stop traffic to remove the blades of grass?

Volunteers to clean some sections of highway around here, but most of
it is done by inmates from the county jail. and people too lazy to look
for community service on their own.

The highway workers in Florida are mostly state employees, and the
only thing whey would volunteer to clean up ar the racks at a doughnut
shop.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Notice to all employees:

In our continuing effort to conform to political correctness, we must
insist that all employees call a spade a shovel.

That is all.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 10:20:22 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm,
"Steve W." quickly quoth:

We already do that. My family has adopted about 4 miles of state highway.
We pick up the trash, trim around signage and I mow much of the grass.

What do I get out of it?
A nice clean section of road that looks like it did when people actually
gave a damn about things.

Aha! So *you're* the one. I heard there was around 4 miles of clean highway
somewhere in New York state, but nobody could remember where it was. d8-)

Four miles down, a few million to go...

We have a lot of prisoners and prison avoiders picking up trash on the
highways up here and around town. Most of us out here in the country
pick up any trash that some asshole may drop from their car or while
walking past our homes. We don't like to see it so we automatically
just pick up after them. I do so when I pick up my mail every day
since I'll be going to the trash/recycling bin soon afterward anyway.

What REALLY amazed me was that after I had been doing the clean up for a
while, a few others started doing the same along their places. Seems I
started a trend!

Yeah, you hit a chord there. People forget to act responsibly, and, by
your actions, you single-familyly reminded them without a preaching
session. Preaching about it engages the reverse-psychology and they
firmly avoid acting.

--
A great preservative against angry and mutinous thoughts, and all
impatience and quarreling, is to have some great business and

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

The best way to make traffic a breeze is to have a federal holiday.
It
seems to
take a third of the cars off the road. Gov. too big?

Add state and city to it and the roads will be growing grass in the
cracks.

Some already do.

Well, there's a conservative solution to that, Michael: Get some highway
workers to do some volunteer charity work, and clean up the roads.

What does that have to do with grass growing in cracked asphalt? Do
you want them to stop traffic to remove the blades of grass?

I thought you were complaining about the grass. No problem.

Volunteers to clean some sections of highway around here, but most of
it is done by inmates from the county jail. and people too lazy to look
for community service on their own.

The highway workers in Florida are mostly state employees, and the
only thing whey would volunteer to clean up ar the racks at a doughnut
shop.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Notice to all employees:

In our continuing effort to conform to political correctness, we must
insist that all employees call a spade a shovel.

That is all.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

I thought you were complaining about the grass. No problem.

I wasn't complaining. I merely stated that I have seen grass growing
in paved roads. I suppose you are going to call me a liar, again?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Notice to all employees:

In our continuing effort to conform to political correctness, we must
insist that all employees call a spade a shovel.

That is all.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:

I thought you were complaining about the grass. No problem.

I wasn't complaining. I merely stated that I have seen grass growing
in paved roads. I suppose you are going to call me a liar, again?

Now you're hallucinating, Michael. To the best of my recollection, I've
never called you a liar.

I think you went through a stretch there where you were misreading my
messages. I didn't say anything because you had yourself really worked up.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Wes wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote:

The best way to make traffic a breeze is to have a federal
holiday. It seems to
take a third of the cars off the road. Gov. too big?
Add state and city to it and the roads will be growing grass in the
cracks.

Some already do.

Well, there's a conservative solution to that, Michael: Get some
highway workers to do some volunteer charity work, and clean up the
roads.

--
Ed Huntress

We already do that. My family has adopted about 4 miles of state
highway. We pick up the trash, trim around signage and I mow much of the
grass.

What do I get out of it?
A nice clean section of road that looks like it did when people
actually gave a damn about things.

Here in Texas, signs are posted as to what group has taken
responsibility for that section of road.
I have never seen one that listed a left-of-center organization.
I have seen families listed.
Maybe it's just Texas. Anyone else?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

RB wrote:

Here in Texas, signs are posted as to what group has taken
responsibility for that section of road.
I have never seen one that listed a left-of-center organization.
I have seen families listed.
Maybe it's just Texas. Anyone else?

Same here in lower Alabama, and what I've seen of north Florida
and lower Mississippi.

technomaNge