Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-Taxpayer Surprise.

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
John R. Carroll wrote:
Ed Huntress wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message news
Ed Huntress wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

That solemn contract is still binding, according to Gunner. And if
we have any moral character we'll keep paying on it until we're all
eating beans and the Masters of the Universe have all of the money
in existence. Then we'll do the honorable thing, which is to commit
suicide.

Gunner's preferred method is Sepuku as I recall.
LOL
Did you see that the McCain campaign gave brother Phil the axe?
Genghis Khan apparently became available G

Ya'll don't pick on Gunner.

He's doing the best he can...

No he's not. He just endlessly belittles others to cover up for his
own emotional problems. It grew pretty old a decade ago.

This might be one of the only things he actually shares with Bush.
When Bush say's "We" he isn't include Mark and I'm surprised that this
hasn't crossed his radar screen yet.
It will.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 07:45:16 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:22:46 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

When the United States finally entered into the Second World War in
1941, Franklin Roosevelt did many things and took many actions in
pretty short order.

Stick to handloading and fixing old machine tools, Gunner. That's
about the limit of your understanding of economics.

How do you keep getting dumber as you age? Most people get smarter.

I wonder how he thinks the Republican "Contract with America" worked out?
LOL

It worked out rather well. Got cites that it didnt?

Now about that nasty National Recovery act again...and Manzanar.....?

Snicker....

Its hysterical watching the RINOs queing up....

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:56:21 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

He's doing the best he can...

Were that true, I wouldn't unless you want to refine "best you can" to mean
the best he can do to lie through his eye teeth.

Still waiting for those pesky Major Media reports there old buddy.....

Snicker

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

He's doing the best he can...

Were that true, I wouldn't unless you want to refine "best you can"
to mean the best he can do to lie through his eye teeth.

Still waiting for those pesky Major Media reports there old buddy.....

You have already been provided with at least one. and from one of the bigs.
I guess you're one of the chillun's No Child Left Behind didn't trickle down
onto.

Snicker

Indeed, your ignorance is legendary, at least in your own mind.

HAND

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

He's doing the best he can...

Were that true, I wouldn't unless you want to refine "best you can"
to mean the best he can do to lie through his eye teeth.

Still waiting for those pesky Major Media reports there old buddy.....

You have already been provided with at least one. and from one of the bigs.
I guess you're one of the chillun's No Child Left Behind didn't trickle down
onto.

Snicker

Indeed, your ignorance is legendary, at least in your own mind.

HAND

Britling or whatever is a Major Media source? Really?

Which newspaper do they publish, or what channel are they on?

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

When the United States finally entered into the Second World War in
1941, Franklin Roosevelt did many things and took many actions in
pretty short order.

Stick to handloading and fixing old machine tools, Gunner. That's
about the limit of your understanding of economics.

How do you keep getting dumber as you age? Most people get smarter.

I wonder how he thinks the Republican "Contract with America" worked out?
LOL

It worked out rather well. Got cites that it didnt?

Now about that nasty National Recovery act again...and Manzanar.....?

Snicker....

Its hysterical watching the RINOs queing up....

Most of the Contract died in the waiting room. As the Cato Institute
analysis of it said, in 2000, "...the combined budgets of the 95 major
programs that the Contract with America promised to eliminate have increased
by 13%."

So, if increasing the budgets of all of those federal programs that were
supposed to be eliminated entirely is your idea of "working out rather
well," then I guess it was. d8-)

BTW, many of the Republicans signed a pledge as part of the Contract to
support a term limit of 12 years. As of 2006, these are the ones who signed
the pledge and who already had 12 years or more of service, but were running
again for re-election:

Charles Bass, NH-02
Steve Chabot, OH-01
Tom Davis, VA-11
Mark Foley, FL-16
Rodney Frelinghuysen, NJ-11
Gil Gutknecht, MN-01
Doc Hastings, WA-04
J.D. Hayworth, AZ-08
John Hostettler, IN-09
Walter Jones, NC-03
Sue Kelly, NY-19
Ray LaHood, IL-18
Tom Latham, IA-04
Steven LaTourette, OH-14
Sue Myrick, NC-09
Robert Ney, OH-18
Charlie Norwood, GA-09
George Radanovich, CA-19
John Shadegg, AZ-03
Mac Thornberry, TX-13
Todd Tiahrt, KS-04
Dave Weldon, FL-15
Jerry Weller, IL-11
Ed Whitfield, KY-01
Roger Wicker, MS-01

Robert Ney, currently doing 30 months in prison, would have been able to
keep his promise if only they'd convicted him a little sooner. g

Gunner, when you deal with customers, do you just try to bluster your way
through, like you did here? If so, I guess you have to make it quick and get
out, eh?

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

When the United States finally entered into the Second World War
in 1941, Franklin Roosevelt did many things and took many
actions in pretty short order.

Gunner, when you deal with customers, do you just try to bluster your
way through, like you did here? If so, I guess you have to make it
quick and get out, eh?

He reminds me of Mary Rosh.
LOL

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

When the United States finally entered into the Second World War
in 1941, Franklin Roosevelt did many things and took many
actions in pretty short order.

Gunner, when you deal with customers, do you just try to bluster your
way through, like you did here? If so, I guess you have to make it
quick and get out, eh?

He reminds me of Mary Rosh.
LOL

You remind me of Nancy Pelosi

Tell Ed this is Usenet, not the real world. Try to make him understand
the differences.

I note none of you sheep tried to refute my statement that FDR was an
evil son of a bitch though...fascinating how you both blustered and
spewed but never addressed that issue.

Sounds like you have a hand up Eds ass too. How many sock puppets are
you posting with anyways? Or is his hand up your ass?

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Tell Ed this is Usenet, not the real world. Try to make him understand
the differences.

See what I mean?
He really is doing the best he can...

Gunner,
The real world, and usenet, are what we make it.

For you it seems to be a fantasy land where you
are right and everybody else is wrong.

But some of us don't see it that way - ergo the clash.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

When the United States finally entered into the Second World War
in 1941, Franklin Roosevelt did many things and took many
actions in pretty short order.

Gunner, when you deal with customers, do you just try to bluster your
way through, like you did here? If so, I guess you have to make it
quick and get out, eh?

He reminds me of Mary Rosh.
LOL

You remind me of Nancy Pelosi

Tell Ed this is Usenet, not the real world. Try to make him understand
the differences.

I note none of you sheep tried to refute my statement that FDR was an
evil son of a bitch though...fascinating how you both blustered and
spewed but never addressed that issue.

Taking on all of your lies and expressions of ignorance would be a full time
job. It's enough to show from time to time that you're a bull****ter whose
sole purpose here is to demonize and belittle others.

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:54:19 +0800, Alan
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:41:38 -0500, F. George McDuffee

What happens when the tax payers can't afford to pay the taxes
that are going to pile up from all this?

snip
===========
Start the high-speed printing presses at the Fed printing million
dollar bills?

Zimbabwe

I think a loaf of bread is about 3 million dollars there - if
you can get it.

I am very glad I left there in 1964 and Africa at end of '65

===========
A quick update.

Zimbabwe introduces 100-billion-dollar note

Click on
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080719...5rWr Xs9vaA8F
for complete article and to see picture of (5) 500 million $Z
notes that won't buy a loaf of bread.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 01:56:32 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:38:13 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

Amazing how in this "brave new world order" the key to a secure
and comfortable old age remains having a number of successfule
and powerful offspring, as it has been for the last 100,000
years.

GM is correct about one thing however -- it is always easier and
safer to steal from the very old and the very young as they fight
back less.

It looks like this is indeed the case George.
I've got the letter GM sent out in front of me.
Included is a calender of events as a time line and the first hing I thought
was how much this looked like the part D push.
Retirees will have about a month and a half to look over their options at
the end of September when GM sends out an information package. Considering
the importance of this issue to retirees that isn't much time.

Oh well.

=============
Many states have statutes specifically targeting elder abuse or
as the Brits term it "Granny bashing," including fraud. I lack
any standing to file a suit but it would appear that a aggressive
state AG and some good class action law firms with the right
plantifs/vics should be able to make some waves in this area and
quite possibly "put the wood" to the General. This sidesteps the
ERISA statutes which the companies are increasingly hiding
behind.

The states also have a big interest/standing in this pension
"revision" as it has the potential to significantly increase
their medicare costs in a time of budget crisis.

One *SMALL* step would be to force the General to repatriate
their high Asian/European earnings back to the United States to
fully fund their pension/retirement obligations. The "parking"
of these assets outside US jurisdiction has the appearance if not
the reality of "fraudulent conveyance" [a serious felony in most
state and federal courts] in preparation for their "planned
bankruptcy," better know as a "bust-out" after the US election.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 08:31:22 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Tell Ed this is Usenet, not the real world. Try to make him understand
the differences.

See what I mean?
He really is doing the best he can...

Gunner,
The real world, and usenet, are what we make it.

No ****. And Hair spray and brillo pads are what we make of them.

Are you claiming they are the same?

For you it seems to be a fantasy land where you
are right and everybody else is wrong.

Usenet, or vast parts of it ARE a fantasy world. You are unable to
distinguish between them? Pity

I am most often right, as are those that also know the truth. On the
other hand..leftists are most often wrong.

This is Fact. You may not like Fact..but its best you learn to deal
with it.

But some of us don't see it that way - ergo the clash.

My neighbor thinks the Trilateralists and the Illuminati control the
Gubmint...and we clash as a result when I laugh at him.

Very much like the clashes when I laugh at leftists. about the fantasy
world they live in 24=7

They dont like having their noses rubbed in their wrongness either.

Deal with it.
Or slit your wrists and end your angst.

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

He blamed it on the Democrats. What he means it that there's been a flood

of
editorials lately that explain how the deregulation that led to much of

the
subprime mess is the result of his budget maneuvering and late-night

tricks
he pulled when he was in the Senate -- and the Democrats started picking

on
him for it.

Maybe he can find a nice hedge fund to manage.

--
Ed Huntress

Since he's already got a job as an investment banker with UBS he's already
covered. You'd think that someone whose economic advice has been as off
target and harmful to the country as his was would have a hard time getting
a cushy job. But nope, the payoff for having been high up in the government
trumps any number of mistakes and personal ineptitude. But rest assured. As
bad as old Phil's advice has been McCain will still keep him in the wings if
he wins the presidency, so he can provide him with another government
position. Which is one more reason not to elect McCain, he will bring a lot
of rotten republicans from this administration with him, and we can't have
that.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

He's doing the best he can...

Were that true, I wouldn't unless you want to refine "best you can" to

mean
the best he can do to lie through his eye teeth.

Still waiting for those pesky Major Media reports there old buddy.....

Which he'll conveniently ignore the moment you get them.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

When the United States finally entered into the Second World War
in 1941, Franklin Roosevelt did many things and took many
actions in pretty short order.

Gunner, when you deal with customers, do you just try to bluster your
way through, like you did here? If so, I guess you have to make it
quick and get out, eh?

He reminds me of Mary Rosh.
LOL

Whenever I think of the old term "Bull**** artist" his name pops into my
head.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

[...]

He's so funny. He's like someone that says the Beatles are the worst rock
group to every come along. There are always a few of those nutcases. FDR was
a lousy president, so was Lincoln. They go in the Holocaust deniers category
of nuts. We all know that FDR is widely considered one of our greatest
presidents. Is it any surprise that Gummer has the opposite view. After all,
he would rank George Bush as one of the greats. I guess he's one of the
great contrarians. Or he's a nut that is full of ****. I report you decide.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:41:38 -0500, F. George McDuffee

What happens when the tax payers can't afford to pay the taxes
that are going to pile up from all this?
snip
===========
Start the high-speed printing presses at the Fed printing million
dollar bills?

Zimbabwe

I think a loaf of bread is about 3 million dollars there - if
you can get it.

I am very glad I left there in 1964 and Africa at end of '65

===========
A quick update.

Zimbabwe introduces 100-billion-dollar note

Click on

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080719...5rWr Xs9vaA8F
for complete article and to see picture of (5) 500 million $Z
notes that won't buy a loaf of bread.

That's pretty smart of them. Not like the Germans, who after WWI had lesser
denominations on their Deutchmarks. They had to have wheelbarrows to carry
their money in. I see this as a good solution to the wheelbarrows full of
money problem. Just add more zeros to the currency.

Hawke

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

As a practical matter your comment

"GM is correct about one thing however -- it is always easier and safer to
steal from the very old and the very young as they fight back less."

reflects reality pretty well.
I've no doubt that this will be litigated but other arrangements will be
necessary in the interim.
It isn't possible to know for sure but litigation is likely to outlive any
retiree falling into the pre ERISA class.
I also think that a bunch of AG's ganging up on GM would just push them into
a filing.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 14:02:53 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:
snip
I also think that a bunch of AG's ganging up on GM would just push them into
a filing.

snip
=========
Given the General's capital burn rate, the sooner they are forced
into chapter 11 and then chapter 7 [after the FBI investigations
and IRS forensic audits] the better, as there will be that much
more capital available for the creditors, the fewer the bogus
"securities" unloaded on the public, and that much less in
executive compensation and bonuses.

Remember that GMAC/ResCap/DiaTech, Delphi and American Axle
[among many others] are still festering in addition to the
General's problems.

As the unilateral pension abrogation operationally results in a
very profitable debt cancellation for the General, will they have
to pay any tax on this? I know they don't pay any taxes on the
interest they save by forcing their suppliers to accept 60 and 90
days the same as cash payments.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 14:02:53 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:
snip
I also think that a bunch of AG's ganging up on GM would just push
them into a filing.

snip
=========
Given the General's capital burn rate, the sooner they are forced
into chapter 11 and then chapter 7 [after the FBI investigations
and IRS forensic audits] the better, as there will be that much
more capital available for the creditors, the fewer the bogus
"securities" unloaded on the public, and that much less in
executive compensation and bonuses.

In addition to their burn thay jave seen their exrensive real estate
hiolding loose half or so of their value.
Didn't Ford recently put up their properties to secure credit?

As the unilateral pension abrogation operationally results in a
very profitable debt cancellation for the General, will they have
to pay any tax on this? I know they don't pay any taxes on the
interest they save by forcing their suppliers to accept 60 and 90
days the same as cash payments.

You don't pay taxes if you don't have profit and they will possibly be able
to split it over two years.
They thought the timing out pretty carefully.
For instance, retirees have to have payment authorization forms filed by
August 4th if they want to avoid billing medicaid themselves.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Deal with it.
Or slit your wrists and end your angst.

Gunner

No, Gunner.

YOUR fantasy does not motivate me.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 19:38:00 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Deal with it.
Or slit your wrists and end your angst.

Gunner

No, Gunner.

YOUR fantasy does not motivate me.

I notice you snipped out the spanking I well and truely gave you.

So now your feelings are hurt and you snipped and clipped in some vain
hope no one would notice how badly you were put into place.

Isnt that like stamping your widdle feet and putting your fingers in
each ear and whining : IIIIII caaaaant Heeeer Yuuuuuuuu"

Sonny boy..take your ass home, your momma is calling you

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Deal with it.
Or slit your wrists and end your angst.

Gunner

No, Gunner.

YOUR fantasy does not motivate me.

I notice you snipped out the spanking I well and truely gave you.

So now your feelings are hurt and you snipped and clipped in some vain
hope no one would notice how badly you were put into place.

Isnt that like stamping your widdle feet and putting your fingers in
each ear and whining : IIIIII caaaaant Heeeer Yuuuuuuuu"

Sonny boy..take your ass home, your momma is calling you

Gunner

ROFL! Hey, Richard, do you still think the arrogant jackass is "doing as
well as he can"? g

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 17:17:51 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

In addition to their burn thay jave seen their exrensive real estate
hiolding loose half or so of their value.

Not only their actual [manufacturing] properties but collateral
for most of their loans, such as the 72 month no money down deals
on the hummers, and the GMAC/ResCap/Diatech residential real
estate has been tanking.

Didn't Ford recently put up their properties to secure credit?

I didn't think they had anything left to hock....

However if the recent news articles are to be believed, FoMoCo is
going to import the tooling/designs of some their existing
European cars that get 50 and 60 MPG and start production here.
[Too expensive to import with the down dollar.] The German TÜV
and EEC safety and emissions standards are among the most strict
in the world, so I don't anticipate too many problems. Even if
they don't meet some of the more exotic California standards,
selling cars in 49 states is better than not selling cars at all.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25754833/
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080719/...retooling_dc_1
http://www.ford.co.uk/ns7/fiesta/co2...diesel/-/-/-/-

Remember that there is now a considerable linkage between GMC and
Chrysler through the ownership of 50% of GMAC and Chrysler by the
Cerberus private equity and hedge fund.
http://finapps.forbes.com/finapps/js...000013&frm=8-K
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18680299/
to see some of the possible cars click on
http://www.ford.co.uk/mondeo
http://www.ford.co.uk/ns7/ka/-/-/-/-/-/-

FWIW -- even before Volkswagen's new plant comes on line, it now
appears that we now have the industrial capacity to *BUILD* at
least 2 cars for every car than can be sold in the US, even with
0 down, 0%APR, and 72 month terms, and we continue to import huge
numbers of vehicles. Are there any other examples of such huge
investment in overcapacity? The motto seems to be "build it and
they will sell."

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and
what shall be the end?

Essays, "Of Innovations" (1597-1625).

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

So now your feelings are hurt and you snipped and clipped in some vain
hope no one would notice how badly you were put into place.

No Gunner.

You had no effect on me...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 00:20:06 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

So now your feelings are hurt and you snipped and clipped in some vain
hope no one would notice how badly you were put into place.

No Gunner.

You had no effect on me...

Obviously I did.

Gunner

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crisis maintain their neutrality",
John F. Kennedy.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So now your feelings are hurt and you snipped and clipped in some vain
hope no one would notice how badly you were put into place.

No Gunner.

You had no effect on me...

Obviously I did.

Gunner

Tha;s just the fantasy talking...
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So now your feelings are hurt and you snipped and clipped in some
vain hope no one would notice how badly you were put into place.

No Gunner.

You had no effect on me...

Obviously I did.

Gunner

Tha;s just the fantasy talking...

"A fanatic cannot change his mind and will not
change the subject."

---Winston Churchill

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

So now your feelings are hurt and you snipped and clipped in some vain
hope no one would notice how badly you were put into place.

No Gunner.

You had no effect on me...

Obviously I did.

Gunner

Tha;s just the fantasy talking...

Thats just blind denial on your part. Shrug

I note you continue to whimper about this as well

Gunner

"[L]iberals are afraid to state what they truly believe in, for to do so would result in even less votes than they currently receive. Their
methodology is to lie about their real agenda in the hopes of regaining power, at which point they will do whatever they damn well please. The problem is they have concealed and obfuscated for so long that, as a group, they themselves are no longer sure of their goals. They are a collection of wild-eyed splinter groups, all holding a grab-bag of dreams and wishes. Some want a Socialist, secular-humanist state, others the repeal of the Second Amendment. Some want same sex/different species marriage, others want voting rights for trees, fish, coal and bugs. Some want cradle to grave care and
complete subservience to the government nanny state, others want a culture that walks in lockstep and speaks only with intonations of political correctness. I view the American liberals in much the same way I view the competing factions of Islamic
fundamentalists. The latter hate each other to the core, and only join
forces to attack the US or Israel. The former hate themselves to the core, and only join forces to attack George Bush and conservatives." --Ron Marr

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

One of these days you'll grow a pair and post original content.

--

John R. Carroll
www.machiningsolution.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Why reinvent the wheel?

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT-My first Harborfreight rant

I generally like Harborfreight. Most of what I've bought has been
pretty low dollar stuff, like their 4.5" grinders. I think an
excellent tool for the money and pretty much disposable. I don't cry
when one finally dies or disappears. Much of the stuff is better
quality than I feel I have any right to expect.

I bought a Pacific Hydrostar pressure washer about a year ago on sale.
I was looking for something small for car washing, etc. Turned out to
be a really nice little washer and had this brush attachment that you
screwed onto an adapter and plugged into the wand. The detergent
automatically turned on and the brush spun and it worked very well.

The adapter was kind of flimsy and broke after maybe 20 car washes. I
checked and they were still selling the pressure washer, not a
closeout thing. I found the manual and figured out the part I needed
and called to order a couple of them. Two, maybe three inches long,
black plastic, one piece. Couldn't be that expensive.

The parts desk told me the factory wasn't supplying replacement parts
for their machines. They sent me to customer service who told me the
same thing. I was offered a new pressure washer, the same thing if I
boxed up and sent the old one back with me paying the freight. That
just wasn't tempting enough, to get a new machine I can't get parts
for. Good money after bad.

I've bought parts from them in the past, and while slow to arrive, the
parts always showed up and were reasonably priced.

Sooner or later anything with moving parts needs something replaced,
I'm just glad I never bought one of their lathes or mills. And the
next small pressure washer will probably be a Karcher. I see parts
for those all over Google.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

TWO QUOTES - ONE PITIFUL, ONE GOOD...

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'

-- Barack Obama, Jr.

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher when you're stupid.''

-- John Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
news

TWO QUOTES - ONE PITIFUL, ONE GOOD...

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'

-- Barack Obama, Jr.

Richard, you have to become more familiar with Snopes. This is not a quote.
It was a joke posted in a _National Review_ blog, and it was said (in the
joke) by John McCain.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/change.asp

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher when you're stupid.''

-- John Wayne

--
Ed Huntress

"Where did you find these peckerwoods?!" -- John Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Invest some of the energy you dump into bitching, into fabbing a
workable replacement.... From Scratch......
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:47:33 -0800, Wally
wrote:

[...]

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Ed Huntress wrote:
"cavelamb himself" wrote in message
news

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'

-- Barack Obama, Jr.

Richard, you have to become more familiar with Snopes. This is not a quote.
It was a joke posted in a _National Review_ blog, and it was said (in the
joke) by John McCain.

No disrespect intended, Ed.
And I'm not trying to be argumentative, not my style.

But with respect to the Truth According To Snopes, why bother?

This is politics.

Politics is about perceptions - not anything as mundane as a truth.

It's not about the Economy Stupid, either.

It's about Being In Power. And nothing more.

I'm starting to think that Gunner may be right.

It may all just be elaborate fantasy.
And not just Usenet either, but the whole shebang.
Top to bottom.
From the Office Of the President,
to the newest salesman at Honest Ed's Real Estate.
Fictitious as a Hollywood script.

So if my comic offering isn't as true as some want it to be,
it is, by my perception, true enough for government work.

Heros, Victims, Gods and human beings.
All throwing shapes, every one of them
Convinced he's in the right, all of them Glad
To repeat themselves and their last mistake.
No Matter What.

--Sophocles' Philocetes

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher when you're stupid.''
"Where did you find these peckerwoods?!"

-- John Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 23:28:32 -0500, cavelamb himself
wrote:

TWO QUOTES - ONE PITIFUL, ONE GOOD...

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'

-- Barack Obama, Jr.

''Life's tough.....it's even tougher when you're stupid.''

-- John Wayne

Indeed.

[...]

October surprise Martin H. Eastburn Metalworking 0 May 12th 08 03:01 AM
Floral Surprise mycompany Home Repair 0 August 9th 07 07:38 AM
Floral Surprise mycompany Home Ownership 0 August 9th 07 07:36 AM
Become a LEGAL NON-Taxpayer!! [email protected] Home Ownership 1 May 4th 06 10:13 PM
Become a LEGAL NON-Taxpayer!! [email protected] Home Ownership 0 April 25th 06 10:18 PM