Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default OT-Taxpayer Surprise.

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 01:56:32 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

F. George McDuffee wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:38:13 -0700, "John R. Carroll"
wrote:

Amazing how in this "brave new world order" the key to a secure
and comfortable old age remains having a number of successfule
and powerful offspring, as it has been for the last 100,000
years.

GM is correct about one thing however -- it is always easier and
safer to steal from the very old and the very young as they fight
back less.

It looks like this is indeed the case George.
I've got the letter GM sent out in front of me.
Included is a calender of events as a time line and the first hing I thought
was how much this looked like the part D push.
Retirees will have about a month and a half to look over their options at
the end of September when GM sends out an information package. Considering
the importance of this issue to retirees that isn't much time.

Oh well.

=============
Many states have statutes specifically targeting elder abuse or
as the Brits term it "Granny bashing," including fraud. I lack
any standing to file a suit but it would appear that a aggressive
state AG and some good class action law firms with the right
plantifs/vics should be able to make some waves in this area and
quite possibly "put the wood" to the General. This sidesteps the
ERISA statutes which the companies are increasingly hiding
behind.

The states also have a big interest/standing in this pension
"revision" as it has the potential to significantly increase
their medicare costs in a time of budget crisis.

One *SMALL* step would be to force the General to repatriate
their high Asian/European earnings back to the United States to
fully fund their pension/retirement obligations. The "parking"
of these assets outside US jurisdiction has the appearance if not
the reality of "fraudulent conveyance" [a serious felony in most
state and federal courts] in preparation for their "planned
bankruptcy," better know as a "bust-out" after the US election.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]
He that will not apply new remedies,
must expect new evils:
for Time is the greatest innovator: and