Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Power hammer working, thanks everybody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkUFgoU_LO0

Gunner, I still need a mailing address for you so I can send you the plans
for this.
Todd
(email isn't munged)
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 02:23:31 +0000 (UTC), Todd Rich
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkUFgoU_LO0

Gunner, I still need a mailing address for you so I can send you the plans
for this.
Todd
(email isn't munged)

Gunner
326 Olive Ave
Taft, California, 93268

Thanks!

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an
unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-07-07, Todd Rich wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkUFgoU_LO0

Todd, the power hammer is awesome and looks like it will last a long
time. In fact, I am very envious, in a good way of course.

What kind of forge do you use?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Forge plans

I'm not Tod, but here's the plans for the gas forge that I use are at:

www.spaco.org/bk.htm

Just go to the bottom of the page and click the two links. This propane
forge design has been around for at least 25 years and it works well.
It's not my design, but everyone who has ever built one has been happy
with it. And yes, you can forge weld in it.

Pete Stanaitis
----------------

What kind of forge do you use?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-07-07, spaco wrote:
I'm not Tod, but here's the plans for the gas forge that I use are at:

www.spaco.org/bk.htm

Just go to the bottom of the page and click the two links. This propane
forge design has been around for at least 25 years and it works well.
It's not my design, but everyone who has ever built one has been happy
with it. And yes, you can forge weld in it.

Looks very nice and simple. The 10" pipe for the chamber, seems to be
about the right size also. Thanks.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-07-07, Todd Rich wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkUFgoU_LO0

Todd, the power hammer is awesome and looks like it will last a long
time. In fact, I am very envious, in a good way of course.

What kind of forge do you use?

I've got a home built venturi forge using 'Reil' burners. You can find the
info he http://ronreil.abana.org/Forge1.shtml#Propane

Ron Reil helped me build it when I was living near him in Idaho. There
are better burner designs, but I haven't found the need to switch yet.
Maybe when the flares burn out on these.

Here is a picture of mine runing:
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...in3/forge2.jpg

Todd