Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Six stroke engine

Inside Bruce Crower’s Six-Stroke Engine:
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...THISWEEKSISSUE
[...]
“I’ve been trying to think how to capture radiator losses for over 30
years,” explains the veteran camshaft grinder and race engine builder.
“One morning about 18 months ago I woke up, like from a dream, and I
knew immediately that I had the answer.”
[...]

Basically, his engine injects water into the cylinder after the
normal exhaust strike, which adds another steam power stroke and
exhaust stroke, as well as cooling the cylinder. This apparently
eliminates the need for an external cooling system and uses some of
the heat energy that would otherwise be lost through the radiator.

Thoughts? Would this present a corrosion issue? Does it sound
worthwhile?

R,
Tom Q.