Jeff McAhren

Default Tune up for Ryobi 31cc string trimmer two stroke engine

This trimmer looks to be about five years old, it's in pretty good
shape. I put new gas/oil in it, but I can't get it to start. Does
anyone know of any tune up guides for this engine? I would like to
save the money and do it myself if possible.

Thanks!
Greg O

"Jeff McAhren" wrote in message
om...
This trimmer looks to be about five years old, it's in pretty good
shape. I put new gas/oil in it, but I can't get it to start. Does
anyone know of any tune up guides for this engine? I would like to
save the money and do it myself if possible.

Thanks!

The carburator is probably gunked up with bad gas. At one time the
carburators were about $25 so it was not worth the time and expense to
rebuild them. If you are carefull you maybe able to get the carb apart with
out ripping any of the gaskets or diaphragms to clean it out.
Geg