Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Name that tool!

This might be a good one for "What is it?". Made in 1922.
I just got the parts back from the plater, electroless nickle.
--
Stupendous Man,
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

It's really tough when you cant see it. Sorry

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1074.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1075.jpg

--
Stupendous Man,

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stupendous Man" writes:

It's really tough when you cant see it. Sorry

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1074.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1075.jpg

Don't know. Something like an Mini-English Wheel?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stupendous Man" wrote in news:6c09ecF3d5gjnU1
@mid.individual.net:

It's really tough when you cant see it. Sorry

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1074.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1075.jpg

A small English Wheel.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
"Stupendous Man" wrote:

It's really tough when you cant see it. Sorry

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1074.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1075.jpg

Looks like a baby English Wheel. How cute!
What'll it be when it grows up?

I could be wrong, which certainly wouldn't be a first, but that's what
it looks like to me. Maybe it's used for making small sheet metal items.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

English wheel. I'm guessing it was used to deal with repairs on those
sweeping fenders popular on the 20's and 30's vintage cars.

Stupendous Man wrote:
It's really tough when you cant see it. Sorry

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1074.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1075.jpg

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

English wheel. I'm guessing it was used to deal with repairs on those
sweeping fenders popular on the 20's and 30's vintage cars.

You guys are good!
It is intended for on-car repairs. I bought it at a local junk shop for $20,
when i took it to the restoration shop where i worked the body guys really
wanted to buy it from me. Too bad, I never sell a tool I have less than a
few of.
I'm going to clamp it in the vice and use it to make a motorcycle fairing.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in news:5vori5-a342.ln1
@news.infowest.com:

A tool for making, forming, and straightening motorcycle fenders.

What do I win?

Steve

A 50-mile hike through Death Valley in your Birthday Suit in the
Summertime?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

A tool for making, forming, and straightening motorcycle fenders.

What do I win?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 05:35:11 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "RAM³"
quickly quoth:

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in news:5vori5-a342.ln1
:

A tool for making, forming, and straightening motorcycle fenders.

What do I win?

Steve

A 50-mile hike through Death Valley in your Birthday Suit in the
Summertime?

If he took a copy of Tom Brown's _Grandfather_ with him, he just may
survive that trip. That old Apache was something else.

--
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for.
-- Earl Warren

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stupendous Man wrote:

It's really tough when you cant see it. Sorry

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1074.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1075.jpg

I can name that tool in two words, English Wheel. it's for working
sheet metal. Looks nice.

Jim
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 20:52:27 -0700, "Stupendous Man"
wrote:

English wheel. I'm guessing it was used to deal with repairs on those
sweeping fenders popular on the 20's and 30's vintage cars.

You guys are good!
It is intended for on-car repairs. I bought it at a local junk shop for $20,
when i took it to the restoration shop where i worked the body guys really
wanted to buy it from me. Too bad, I never sell a tool I have less than a
few of.
I'm going to clamp it in the vice and use it to make a motorcycle fairing.

Send them over to Harbor Freight. Their latest flier has a
small bench top model now that is made to be clamped in a
vise. See:

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...o?itemid=97359

$129.99 thru July 7
===
Benchtop English Wheel

-Compact and easy to store€”clamp onto vise
when needed, place on a shelf when done!
-15-3/4" throat depth
-Comes with a 6" top die and seven anvils:
flat, 1/2", 1", 1-1/2", 2-1/2", 5", and 9"
-Powder-coated steel frame won't rust
-Adjustable yoke
-Fully shielded radial bearings
-Handy storage rack for anvils

Weight: 25.5 lbs.

Frame dimensions: 23-1/4" L x 1" W x 19-1/2" H; Overall
height (with anvils): 21-3/4"; Anvil die sizes: 2" diameter
x 1" W;

ITEM 97359
===

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RAM³" wrote in message
"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in news:5vori5-a342.ln1
@news.infowest.com:

A tool for making, forming, and straightening motorcycle fenders.

What do I win?

Steve

A 50-mile hike through Death Valley in your Birthday Suit in the
Summertime?

Did that last week. What else you got?

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I wonder when we will get cheap English wheels in the UK at the likes of
MachineMart which would be the equivalent to HF. I made my own years ago
but it's much larger and not readily portable like that little thing.
Maybe it should have been thrown back and allowed to grow up into a full
sized English wheel.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" toquerville@zionvistas wrote in news:u83ti5-ru6.ln1
@news.infowest.com:

Did that last week. What else you got?

A trip - at your expense - to the Democrat National Convention and a seat
in the Obama rooting section? G

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
aws aws is offline

On Jun 19, 4:46*pm, "Stupendous Man" wrote:
It's really tough when you cant see it. Sorry

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1074.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/IMG_1075.jpg

--
Stupendous Man,

It called an english weel. Its used for sheet metal forming like
making curves .It looks kike a smaller vice or bench mounted one.