Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best hacksaw blades?

What are the best 12" 18 tpi hacksaw blades? Starrett? Lenox?

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:03:03 -0700, "Michael Koblic"
wrote:

What are the best 12" 18 tpi hacksaw blades? Starrett? Lenox?

I don't know if they're the best, but Lenox bi-metal blades are much
better than Starrett. They're also quite a bit more expensive, but
worth it. The best blades I've used were Milford Flexible Rezistors
(sp?), but they haven't been made for years.

--
Ned Simmons
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Michael Koblic wrote:
What are the best 12" 18 tpi hacksaw blades? Starrett? Lenox?

The Lenox blades have worked much better for me. The Lenox blades for
the Sawzall also last far longer.
I was at a welding show at a Praxair store where the Lenox rep. cut a
Toyota station wagon in half in about 2 minutes. I checked the blade
when he finished and it was still very sharp.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 20:23:03 -0700, Spencer Family
wrote:

Michael Koblic wrote:
What are the best 12" 18 tpi hacksaw blades? Starrett? Lenox?

The Lenox blades have worked much better for me. The Lenox blades for
the Sawzall also last far longer.

I agree

I was at a welding show at a Praxair store where the Lenox rep. cut a
Toyota station wagon in half in about 2 minutes. I checked the blade
when he finished and it was still very sharp.

way cool! sawzall?

gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Michael Koblic wrote:
What are the best 12" 18 tpi hacksaw blades? Starrett? Lenox?

The Lenox blades have worked much better for me. The Lenox blades for
the Sawzall also last far longer.

I agree

I was at a welding show at a Praxair store where the Lenox rep. cut a
Toyota station wagon in half in about 2 minutes. I checked the blade
when he finished and it was still very sharp.

way cool! sawzall?

gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
mariposa rand mair theal

A Milwaukee Sawzall. A battery operated one, no less.

http://www.cpomilwaukee.com/saws/saw...rocating_saws/