Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Can anyone recognize this lifting Magnet

http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Magnet/

This magnet is cool, and fun, but I do not know how much it can lift.

It weighs about 130 lbs, so I figure, it would be rated at 2,500 lbs,
but that's only a guess and knowing who made it would make a
difference.

The lifting eye on it is Crosby-Laughlin.
posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

That is an ACME Liftall 9000 magnet. I saw it featured in episode 9 of the
Roadrunner / Wile E. Coyote show.
Steve

--
Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their
inattention

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:15:32 -0500, Up North wrote:
That is an ACME Liftall 9000 magnet. I saw it featured in episode 9 of
the Roadrunner / Wile E. Coyote show.
Steve

I've been all through "The ORIGINAL Illustrated Catalog Of ACME
Products", http://home.nc.rr.com/tuco/looney/acme/acme.html ,
and didn't see such a magnet anywhere in it. Must have been
episode 9 of some other series, maybe Superman, and not an ACME
product at all.
-jiw

"Ignoramus8331" ignoramus8331... wrote ...
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Magnet/

This magnet is cool, and fun, but I do not know how much it can lift.

It weighs about 130 lbs, so I figure, it would be rated at 2,500 lbs,
but that's only a guess and knowing who made it would make a
difference.

The lifting eye on it is Crosby-Laughlin. --

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"James Waldby" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:15:32 -0500, Up North wrote:
That is an ACME Liftall 9000 magnet. I saw it featured in episode 9 of
the Roadrunner / Wile E. Coyote show.
Steve

I've been all through "The ORIGINAL Illustrated Catalog Of ACME
Products", http://home.nc.rr.com/tuco/looney/acme/acme.html ,
and didn't see such a magnet anywhere in it. Must have been
episode 9 of some other series, maybe Superman, and not an ACME
product at all.
-jiw

Hmmmmmmm, Well if it wasn't it should have been!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I don't think so, but perhaps mechanical sizes might give a rating.

There is a label on the side of yours - what is it ? a bar code ??

http://www.eriez.com/Products/Liftin...iftingMagnets/

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Ignoramus8331 wrote:
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/Magnet/

This magnet is cool, and fun, but I do not know how much it can lift.

It weighs about 130 lbs, so I figure, it would be rated at 2,500 lbs,
but that's only a guess and knowing who made it would make a
difference.

The lifting eye on it is Crosby-Laughlin.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-06-06, Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
I don't think so, but perhaps mechanical sizes might give a rating.

There is a label on the side of yours - what is it ? a bar code ??

Fermilab inventory sticker.

http://www.eriez.com/Products/Liftin...iftingMagnets/

Yes, I think that mine matches their 10" version. Both by size and
weight.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Up North wrote:
"James Waldby" wrote in message
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:15:32 -0500, Up North wrote:
That is an ACME Liftall 9000 magnet. I saw it featured in episode 9
of the Roadrunner / Wile E. Coyote show.
Steve

I've been all through "The ORIGINAL Illustrated Catalog Of ACME
Products", http://home.nc.rr.com/tuco/looney/acme/acme.html ,
and didn't see such a magnet anywhere in it. Must have been
episode 9 of some other series, maybe Superman, and not an ACME
product at all.
-jiw

Hmmmmmmm, Well if it wasn't it should have been!

'Twas misplaced:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bi11jon/1456427020/