Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Machinist gloat!

I put an ad on Craig's list at 11:00 AM and had my first call in an hour! My
ad:

Part-time machinist / machine builder wanted. Flexible hours, retired person OK.
We need you to make and assemble machine parts from prints and examples.
216-791-3265

The first guy interviewed at 3:00 PM and he works about 2 miles away as a CNC
programmer with 20 years previous experience as a tool and die maker. We seemed
to be on the same page as far as expectations on both sides. I'm hoping for a
"Human CAD/CAM" system, I just have to dream-up stuff, draw it, and it will
magically appear as finished parts and assemblies! The big advantage I see is
he'll be all mine, nobody will redirect his time and efforts as he will be
coming in for a few hours as everybody else is going home.

I've gotten 6 calls so far with two other guys that sound good. Three bowed out
when I told them what part of town I am in...the wimps.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 7 May 2008 22:22:55 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

[...]

Benefits: Company-supplied sidearm and subsidized ammunition. Shooting
lessons.
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in
:

[...]

Are you _sure_ that you can't afford more than one? grin

It sounds like you've found 1 "winner" and may, even, be lucky enough to be
on the way to even more. GRIN

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"RAM³" wrote in message
0...
"Tom Gardner" wrote in
:

[...]

If I can show stuff getting done faster with machines running on the
production floor, I can justify more help. I have a terrible reputation for
missing deadlines of getting things built.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Info for manufacturers:
http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
http://www.speff.com

Well, I DO have an indoor range...when production employees aren't in the
way. The best marksman here isn't the Viet Nam Special Forces Veteran, it's
my bookkeeper!

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On May 7, 10:22�pm, "Tom Gardner" wrote:

I've gotten 6 calls so far with two other guys that sound good. �Three bowed out
when I told them what part of town I am in...the wimps.

Where are you located? It is really that dangerous there? Just
curious, no places so bad near me that I wouldnt take a job like that.
(North Florida). Of course it may be one of those "You kinda have to
be there" places too.
Gangs, Ghettos etc.?

Mark
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Tell em you will resupply any ammo they expend coming/going to work,
or while at work.
And supply alibis

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in
:

--
"it's the network..." "The Journey is the
reward" Info for manufacturers:
http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
http://www.speff.com

Well, I DO have an indoor range...when production employees aren't in
the way. The best marksman here isn't the Viet Nam Special Forces
Veteran, it's my bookkeeper!

Is that marks_man_ or marks_woman_? grin

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote in
:

"RAM³" wrote in message
0...
"Tom Gardner" wrote in
:

[...]

Lessee: 1 guy working 4 hrs/night 3 nights/week = 3 guys working 4
hrs/night 1 night/week...

Perhaps you could start an RCM Chapter???

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ammo's getting expensive! They better place their shots. (need linear stuff)

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Tom Gardner" wrote:

The best marksman here isn't the Viet Nam Special Forces Veteran, it's
my bookkeeper!

Accountants are more deadly than Special Forces, Delta Team, or Seals.

Wes
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 May 2008 19:16:55 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I forgot again.

Havent been getting home much, nother project going on.

Ive just forwarded this to my email box as well

Gunner
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Thu, 8 May 2008 19:16:55 -0400, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

Tell em you will resupply any ammo they expend coming/going to work,
or while at work.
And supply alibis

Gunner

Ammo's getting expensive! They better place their shots. (need linear stuff)

Isn't it tax deductible if it's for protecting the business?

Mark Rand
RTFM

Is there a machinist in the house Terry Home Repair 5 November 8th 06 01:40 AM
Man makes 86 YO mother split own wood! Was: Possible Gloat/real gloat LRod Woodworking 0 May 3rd 06 04:32 PM
The Machinist D Murphy Metalworking 36 December 3rd 05 04:50 PM
Paramount's "THE MACHINIST" Ken Kinnison Metalworking 2 March 4th 04 07:51 AM