Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default (mini gloat) Here come da JUDGE!

Whoo! Momma got a reprieve on the 10-week waiting list for my Taurus
Judge. It came in extra-early.

It's pretty sweet. All the clerks at the shop allowed how "as soon as
the rush was over" they wanted one for themselves.

No doubt, it is a fistful, and I'm not thrilled with how my arthritic
middle knuckle engages the back of the trigger guard. (Like, I'd worry
about a bruised knuckle in a fire-fight...)

But it shoots good. I was cleaning up 7s at 20 yards, and my daughter
was filling a 12" hole at 10, without ever having shot a wheel gun
before.

The slug pattern is a little loose, due to the very light rifling, but
even with #8 shot, the shot pattern at 10 yards is less than a yard wide.

It even fits my carry pocket. It's only about a half-inch longer than my
Ruger 357mag.

You told me to check back when I got it. I like it. (now.. who's got
decent cowboy loads in LC I can trust AND afford?)

LLoyd

Mini gloat #2 mac davis[_2_] Woodturning 8 January 17th 08 06:14 PM
Mini Gloat mac davis[_2_] Woodturning 6 December 30th 07 05:11 AM
mini gloat? mac davis Woodworking 6 September 12th 06 04:20 PM
OT Mini gloat Gary Brady Metalworking 13 October 1st 05 03:19 PM
mini gloat Rob V Woodworking 3 August 29th 05 04:47 PM