Posted to rec.woodworking

Default mini gloat?

Kind of funny... We're packing up and moving to Baja and our next door neighbor
is closing his drywall business and bringing a lot of stuff home..

He gave me a nice dual tank compressor and a Rockwell benchtop table saw...

Another neighbor has a kid that's just getting into woodworking, so I gave him
my Harbor Fright compressor and the old Craftsman benchtop table saw, minus
motor..

I guess that's a gloat???

Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
Kind of funny... We're packing up and moving to Baja and our next door neighbor
is closing his drywall business and bringing a lot of stuff home..

He gave me a nice dual tank compressor and a Rockwell benchtop table saw...

Another neighbor has a kid that's just getting into woodworking, so I gave him
my Harbor Fright compressor and the old Craftsman benchtop table saw, minus
motor..

I guess that's a gloat???

Mac

Without the motor they can't sue you because he cut his finger off. :-)

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A penny saved is a penny.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
I gave him
my Harbor Fright compressor and the old Craftsman benchtop table saw,
minus
motor..

I guess that's a gloat???

Maybe on the compressor. The saw motor will probably cost more than a new
saw from Sears. That would make it the anti-gloat.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"mac davis" wrote in message
I gave him
my Harbor Fright compressor and the old Craftsman benchtop table saw,
minus
motor..

I guess that's a gloat???

Maybe on the compressor. The saw motor will probably cost more than a new
saw from Sears. That would make it the anti-gloat.

He gave away the motorless saw.... I don't think he was trying to gloat
about that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote in message
I gave him
my Harbor Fright compressor and the old Craftsman benchtop table saw,
minus
motor..

I guess that's a gloat???

Maybe on the compressor. The saw motor will probably cost more than a new
saw from Sears. That would make it the anti-gloat.

He gave away the motorless saw.... I don't think he was trying to gloat
about that.

correct.. more about my neighbor giving me his saw and compressor from work...

I just thought I'd add that my stuff got passed on to someone that needed it and
would get use out of them..
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 18:15:43 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
I gave him
my Harbor Fright compressor and the old Craftsman benchtop table saw,
minus
motor..

I guess that's a gloat???

Maybe on the compressor. The saw motor will probably cost more than a new
saw from Sears. That would make it the anti-gloat.

He has a couple of washing machine motors that have the same rating as the one
that was on the saw... just a matter of putting the supplied pulley and belt on
his motor...
Mac

https://home.comcast.net/~mac.davis
Posted to rec.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"mac davis" wrote in message

I gave him
my Harbor Fright compressor and the old Craftsman benchtop table saw,
minus
motor..

I guess that's a gloat???

Maybe on the compressor. The saw motor will probably cost more than a new
saw from Sears. That would make it the anti-gloat.

Depends on the perspective. One party's gloat is the other party's
1/gloat...if they knew what they had. If they didn't know what they
had the other party's gloat quotient is approximately zero. You can
read my statistical gloat workup in the July 2004 issue of Neener,
Neener magazine in the article "Thou Sucketh Mightily - Let Me Count
The Ways".

Mini gloat Wes Stewart Woodworking 5 October 28th 05 01:02 AM
Very mini gloat... mac davis Woodworking 27 October 26th 05 02:22 AM
OT Mini gloat Gary Brady Metalworking 13 October 1st 05 03:19 PM
mini gloat Rob V Woodworking 3 August 29th 05 04:47 PM
Mini Gloat respirator question Hansen Woodworking 0 January 27th 05 02:59 PM