Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default manual now in drop box - watts brothers tools

the watts brothers tool company makes a cool drill bit/holder that will make
"angular" holes - for example a triangle, square or hexagon - there was an
article on this tool in one of the hobby magazines (current issue) - a
friend gave me a photo copy and asked that I look for the manual - after
some searching found it, along with a statement that the company would be ok
with it being on line, so it's out there for you if you want it -- look for
files beginning with Watts in the drop box - they are there now. I've also
uploaded the first patent related to this technology so you don't have to
dig it out if you are interested. it looks like the manual, which is a 5
meg file hasn't made it out to the drop box yet, look for a file called
Watts Bros Manual - I uploaded both a doc and pdf file, they are the same
content but not everyone has MS Word. The file size would shrink
dramatically if someone were to OCR it, right now it's just page images.

happy reading.

Saturday, May 03, 2008 12:15 AM 813272 Watts_Bros_patent.pdf
Saturday, May 03, 2008 12:15 AM 286117 watts_Bros_prices.pdf
Saturday, May 03, 2008 12:15 AM 346 Watts_Bros_read_me.txt
--
Bill
www.wbnoble.com

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2008-05-03, William Noble wrote:
the watts brothers tool company makes a cool drill bit/holder that will make
"angular" holes - for example a triangle, square or hexagon - there was an
article on this tool in one of the hobby magazines (current issue) - a
friend gave me a photo copy and asked that I look for the manual - after
some searching found it, along with a statement that the company would be ok
with it being on line, so it's out there for you if you want it -- look for
files beginning with Watts in the drop box - they are there now. I've also
uploaded the first patent related to this technology so you don't have to
dig it out if you are interested. it looks like the manual, which is a 5
meg file hasn't made it out to the drop box yet, look for a file called
Watts Bros Manual - I uploaded both a doc and pdf file, they are the same
content but not everyone has MS Word.

The .PDF has arrived and popped up. Don't expect the .DOC
however. Steve keeps them out because of the macro viruses possible in
Word. He's got no way to be sure that a given file is safe (and isn't
about to open them in the sever machine, which is Windows based), so
he just rejects them all. PDF is fine, and anybody can read it, unlike
the Word .DOC files, so there is no real need for the .DOCs.

The file size would shrink
dramatically if someone were to OCR it, right now it's just page images.

Of course.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 5 May 2008 03:53:19 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

I've tried to download the manual several times and it always times
out before page 5. Anybody else have any luck?
ERS

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

I've tried to download the manual several times and it always times
out before page 5. Anybody else have any luck?
ERS

if you cannot DL from the drop box, you can go to my web page, wbnoble.com,
find my email address and ask me for a copy and I'll send it to you - it's
about 5 megs so make sure your inbox can handle a 5 meg file.

If someone has the time to OCR the file and re-upload it with a very similar
name, it would be hugely smaller -

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6 May 2008 05:53:27 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:
Thanks DoN and William for the offers. I downloaded the file OK today.
I have DSL so there must have been some sort of problem with my line
or something yesterday.
ERS

wrote:

I've tried to download the manual several times and it always times
out before page 5. Anybody else have any luck?

It worked fine for me. But I have a T1 line. Are you on a
dialup?

Here are my downloads:

-rw-r--r-- 1 dnichols family 5.3M May 4 23:47 Watts_Bros_manual.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 dnichols family 794K May 4 23:49 Watts_Bros_patent.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 dnichols family 279K May 4 23:49 watts_Bros_prices.pdf
-rw-r--r-- 1 dnichols family 285 May 4 23:49 Watts_Bros_read_me.txt

It looks as though the whole thing would barely make a dent in
one of the little CD-ROMs. Where do you live? If you keep having
problems, drop me an e-mail and I'll snail-mail you a baby CD-ROM of it
all.

Or -- if you can find "wget", that will automatically re-try,
and pick up where it failed, so it does not take forever with a flakey
line.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:
Thanks DoN and William for the offers. I downloaded the file OK today.
I have DSL so there must have been some sort of problem with my line
or something yesterday.
ERS

I'm on dial-up, but if the file is kinda large I quite often
use Wget to retrieve files from the dropbox. It quite often
times out on me too. You can get Wget binaries for Windows
from he

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/hherold/

It is a simple command line program. Invoke it with
something like this (delete the ""):

wget -c http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/...ros_manual.pdf

The "-c" is no-clobber, in other words keep adding to what
has already been downloaded if at all possible. I think it
defaults to that behavior anyway, can't remember for sure.

Another useful command is this:

wget -S --spider http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/...ros_manual.pdf

This will give the server response, file size, date, but not
actually download the file. Can be useful if you just want
to know how big the download will be or what the date is on
the file. Like this:

--15:09:38-- http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox/...ros_manual.pdf
= `Watts_Bros_manual.pdf'
Resolving www.metalworking.com... 70.169.167.165
Connecting to www.metalworking.com|70.169.167.165|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response...
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: Microsoft-IIS/5.0
Connection: keep-alive
Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 19:10:39 GMT
Length: 5,540,136 (5.3M) [application/pdf]
200 OK

Maybe this will help you out some another day...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Leon Fisk wrote:

I'm on dial-up, but if the file is kinda large I quite often
use Wget to retrieve files from the dropbox. It quite often
times out on me too. You can get Wget binaries for Windows
from he

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/hherold/

It is a simple command line program. Invoke it with
something like this (delete the ""):

I use cygwin on w2k and wget is one of the programs that is offered. Look
into the bandwidth limiting options of wget so you don't totally suck up
your dial up bw if you want to do a bit of browsing while running wget.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller