Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default manual now in drop box - watts brothers tools

On 2008-05-03, William Noble wrote:
the watts brothers tool company makes a cool drill bit/holder that will make
"angular" holes - for example a triangle, square or hexagon - there was an
article on this tool in one of the hobby magazines (current issue) - a
friend gave me a photo copy and asked that I look for the manual - after
some searching found it, along with a statement that the company would be ok
with it being on line, so it's out there for you if you want it -- look for
files beginning with Watts in the drop box - they are there now. I've also
uploaded the first patent related to this technology so you don't have to
dig it out if you are interested. it looks like the manual, which is a 5
meg file hasn't made it out to the drop box yet, look for a file called
Watts Bros Manual - I uploaded both a doc and pdf file, they are the same
content but not everyone has MS Word.

The .PDF has arrived and popped up. Don't expect the .DOC
however. Steve keeps them out because of the macro viruses possible in
Word. He's got no way to be sure that a given file is safe (and isn't
about to open them in the sever machine, which is Windows based), so
he just rejects them all. PDF is fine, and anybody can read it, unlike
the Word .DOC files, so there is no real need for the .DOCs.

The file size would shrink
dramatically if someone were to OCR it, right now it's just page images.

Of course.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564