Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default My brothers Utube

My brother has posted a slide show of a segmented bowl on Utube and would
appreciate some hits if anyone has the time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH2dGg4GAXY

I don't have near enough patience to do this segmented stuff, but I sure admire
the skill and patience involved..

Part of his email to me: (he has cancer and can't work in the shop during chemo)

Lately I am not able to work in the shop, so I’m having fun with my pictures and
I have built my first you tube video.

Any comments would certainly be appreciated.

And because you tube keeps score, the more people who look at it increase the
viewing score, and then even more people will look at it because it’s a popular
video.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:04:08 -0000, "Ian Malcolm"
wrote:

Inspiring!

yeah... and the scary part is that the piece he did that slide show on was one
of his EARLY ones...

thanks for watching..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mar 21, 12:41 pm, mac davis wrote:

Inspiring!

yeah... and the scary part is that the piece he did that slide show on was one
of his EARLY ones...

I really like the high level of workmanship he shows. There is no
place to hide when you do a segmented piece. You can touch up a
little with a sander, but not much without the lines on your profiles
going away from you.

Very nice!

I don't have the patience myself to do that type of thing. Maybe a
decorative ring or something like that, but not an entire form.

Let your bro' know we're cheering for him in whipping his illness, OK?

And you know.... another video might be a good, too!

;^)

Robert

thanks for watching..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Nice work. Must be nice to have the patience to go along with all that
ability.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 14:11:50 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Mar 21, 12:41 pm, mac davis wrote:

Inspiring!

yeah... and the scary part is that the piece he did that slide show on was one
of his EARLY ones...

I really like the high level of workmanship he shows. There is no
place to hide when you do a segmented piece. You can touch up a
little with a sander, but not much without the lines on your profiles
going away from you.

Very nice!

I don't have the patience myself to do that type of thing. Maybe a
decorative ring or something like that, but not an entire form.

He's always been anal..lol
He spends weeks building jigs and sleds to cut the pieces. then he builds sleds
to run the rings or whatever through the planer, too..
Not enough turning involved to be worth the other work, IMO..

Let your bro' know we're cheering for him in whipping his illness, OK?

Thanks.. his 3rd round of chemo in the last 5 or 6 years.. seems to bounce back
pretty good in between, though....

And you know.... another video might be a good, too!

yeah, I think if he gets enough response he'll do more..

Probably not a video yet because he'd need to wait until he cab work in the
shop, but he has tons of pictures of his work..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

mac davis wrote:

My brother has posted a slide show of a segmented bowl on Utube and would
appreciate some hits if anyone has the time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH2dGg4GAXY

I don't have near enough patience to do this segmented stuff, but I sure
admire the skill and patience involved..

Part of his email to me: (he has cancer and can't work in the shop during
chemo)

Lately I am not able to work in the shop, so IÂ’m having fun with my
pictures and I have built my first you tube video.

Any comments would certainly be appreciated.

And because you tube keeps score, the more people who look at it increase
the viewing score, and then even more people will look at it because itÂ’s
a popular video.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Great job ! Patience is a must I think. All the best to your brother also.
--
Boru
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Mar 21, 12:32 pm, mac davis wrote:
My brother has posted a slide show of a segmented bowl on Utube and would
appreciate some hits if anyone has the time..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH2dGg4GAXY

I don't have near enough patience to do this segmented stuff, but I sure admire
the skill and patience involved..

Part of his email to me: (he has cancer and can't work in the shop during chemo)

Lately I am not able to work in the shop, so I'm having fun with my pictures and
I have built my first you tube video.

Any comments would certainly be appreciated.

And because you tube keeps score, the more people who look at it increase the
viewing score, and then even more people will look at it because it's a popular
video.

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Hi Mac I watched the video a couple times and loved it. Try to leave a
comment but not sure if it went through. Murray
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Mac, let your brother know that that is some really amazing work. I've tried
to do some of this and found I just don't have the patience to complete it
something that wasn't even half as intricate as his work was.
Truly amazing work.
I've bookmarked his video for future reference in the event I ever feel like
tackling segmented work again.

Good luck and health.

Go TOPPERS!
JD

"mac davis" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 06:39:39 -0700 (PDT), Moray
wrote:

Hi Mac I watched the video a couple times and loved it. Try to leave a
comment but not sure if it went through. Murray

Thanks, Moray...
I tried too, but I think you need to be logged on to Utube or something..
The hits definitely went up yesterday and I really appreciate everyone's help..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 09:07:01 -0500, "JD" wrote:

Mac, let your brother know that that is some really amazing work. I've tried
to do some of this and found I just don't have the patience to complete it
something that wasn't even half as intricate as his work was.
Truly amazing work.
I've bookmarked his video for future reference in the event I ever feel like
tackling segmented work again.

Good luck and health.

Go TOPPERS!
JD

Thanks, JD.. I saw your comment on the page..

I copied your post and pasted it into an email to him..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Mac, WebTv and Utube don't seem to gee-haw, but I do want to send my
congratulations on 'Utwo' having such a close sibling relationship.Your
love for your brother and very justified pride in his woodturning work
and of course, for his stature as a man comes thru in your post.
You honor the ng by sharing this with us.
Sort of explains why your posts to rcw are always welcomed.

Warm regards and happy Easter, Arch

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:00:00 -0700, "Comcast Newsgroups"
wrote:

Very nice, I too don't have that kind of patience. Nice music
too.......Ralph

Thanks, Ralph...

I had some good news the other day... I sent him an email congratulating him on
his hits and asked when he would do another one..
He really surprised me when he said "Not for a while, I'm feeling better now
that they're doing the chemo and spending some time in the shop again"..

Big surprise because most of the folks that I've known that had chemo felt
really bad during it, and felt better gradually months after the treatments..

"mac davis" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Good for him. I hope and pray he continues to feel better.
JD

--
He that will make a good use of any part
of his life must allow a large portion of it

wrote:

Very nice, I too don't have that kind of patience. Nice music
too.......Ralph

Thanks, Ralph...

I had some good news the other day... I sent him an email congratulating
him on
his hits and asked when he would do another one..
He really surprised me when he said "Not for a while, I'm feeling better
now
that they're doing the chemo and spending some time in the shop again"..

Big surprise because most of the folks that I've known that had chemo felt
really bad during it, and felt better gradually months after the
treatments..

"mac davis" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Prayers for your brother Mac. A friend of mine is in his third bout of chemo
in 5 years. He always feels better during it, maybe because he lets it go
too long, maybe it is just relief. Anyhow, I'll take it.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate
Truro, NS Canada
http://aroundthewoods.com
http://roundopinions.blogspot.com
news
wrote:

Good for him. I hope and pray he continues to feel better.
JD

Thank you, JD..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:43:32 GMT, "Darrell Feltmate"
wrote:

Prayers for your brother Mac. A friend of mine is in his third bout of chemo
in 5 years. He always feels better during it, maybe because he lets it go
too long, maybe it is just relief. Anyhow, I'll take it.

Thanks, Darrell.. It's my brother's 3rd time, also..
I'm glad that he's enjoying some quality of life again..