Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default bond brass torch knob

The O2 adjusting knob in the middle of my Victor torch keeps falling off.
Its a spline and originally had a light press fit. I buggered the spine with
a vice grip and stuck it back on a few times over the years. That trick
ain't gonna work anymore. How would you bond it so it still could be
disassembled if needed?

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:

The O2 adjusting knob in the middle of my Victor torch keeps falling off.
Its a spline and originally had a light press fit. I buggered the spine with
a vice grip and stuck it back on a few times over the years. That trick
ain't gonna work anymore. How would you bond it so it still could be
disassembled if needed?

Karl

Loctite (or other brand) thread locker. Get one of the semi-permenent
ones, you can still remove it if you heat it to something like 400
degrees.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Karl Townsend wrote:
The O2 adjusting knob in the middle of my Victor torch keeps falling off.
Its a spline and originally had a light press fit. I buggered the spine with
a vice grip and stuck it back on a few times over the years. That trick
ain't gonna work anymore. How would you bond it so it still could be
disassembled if needed?

Karl

Easiest thing would be to get a new valve from your friendly,
neighborhood, Victor dealer.

Jim

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:57:23 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

The O2 adjusting knob in the middle of my Victor torch keeps falling off.
Its a spline and originally had a light press fit. I buggered the spine with
a vice grip and stuck it back on a few times over the years. That trick
ain't gonna work anymore. How would you bond it so it still could be
disassembled if needed?

Karl

JB weld.

Heat to remove

Gunner

Peter Ho has different ideas. With a stack of films and TV dramasunder his belt as well as proving to be a hit in Crouching Tiger, HiddenDragon, he's hoping the Bond producers will encourage a different directionwith a Chinese Bond. Dressed to impres [email protected] Woodworking 0 April 19th 08 11:28 AM
Bond. James Bond. NoOne N Particular Metalworking 17 March 21st 08 03:37 PM
Blow torch, propane torch mm Home Repair 39 March 31st 06 02:15 AM
corner bond Paul Andrews UK diy 3 July 31st 05 11:30 PM
brass brazing with a large propane torch Eric Chang Metalworking 13 November 11th 03 11:06 PM