DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bond brass torch knob (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/248193-bond-brass-torch-knob.html)

Karl Townsend April 30th 08 11:57 PM

bond brass torch knob

The O2 adjusting knob in the middle of my Victor torch keeps falling off.
Its a spline and originally had a light press fit. I buggered the spine with
a vice grip and stuck it back on a few times over the years. That trick
ain't gonna work anymore. How would you bond it so it still could be
disassembled if needed?

Karl

Pete C. May 1st 08 01:48 AM

bond brass torch knob

Karl Townsend wrote:

The O2 adjusting knob in the middle of my Victor torch keeps falling off.
Its a spline and originally had a light press fit. I buggered the spine with
a vice grip and stuck it back on a few times over the years. That trick
ain't gonna work anymore. How would you bond it so it still could be
disassembled if needed?

Karl

Loctite (or other brand) thread locker. Get one of the semi-permenent
ones, you can still remove it if you heat it to something like 400
degrees.

Jim Chandler May 1st 08 02:14 AM

bond brass torch knob

Karl Townsend wrote:
The O2 adjusting knob in the middle of my Victor torch keeps falling off.
Its a spline and originally had a light press fit. I buggered the spine with
a vice grip and stuck it back on a few times over the years. That trick
ain't gonna work anymore. How would you bond it so it still could be
disassembled if needed?

Karl

Easiest thing would be to get a new valve from your friendly,
neighborhood, Victor dealer.

Jim

William Noble May 1st 08 05:38 AM

bond brass torch knob

epoxy (aka JB-weld, etc) will hold it in place if you clean it first - to
get it off, just heat

anews.com...

Gunner[_2_] May 1st 08 05:06 PM

bond brass torch knob

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:57:23 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

The O2 adjusting knob in the middle of my Victor torch keeps falling off.
Its a spline and originally had a light press fit. I buggered the spine with
a vice grip and stuck it back on a few times over the years. That trick
ain't gonna work anymore. How would you bond it so it still could be
disassembled if needed?

Karl

JB weld.

Heat to remove